Diy Trash to Treasure redo thread

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
image.jpg
Another one of my favorite trash to treasure triumphs is my hammock area. At one of the island camps that I was painting, the carpenters were throwing away peices of timber tech composite decking that was cut to make a walkway from one porch to another porch (All "camps" are 20-25 ft up on pilings). I couldn't believe they were just gonna throw it away, that stuff is EXPENSIVE, even if it was just scrap peices!!
Needless to say I took them, knowing someday I would find a project for them. I decided I needed a hammock area so I used the scrap peices to make a floor, since they won't rot I guess they will work good for a long time! Now that throw away scrap has a happy home in my backyard!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a small wall pot holder I paid 25 cents at yard sale. Hung it in shed hang all garden hand tools from it. My favorite repurpose is coffee table in livingroom. I was at the salvation army, when I found a circus lion cage. Iove at first sight only $35 dollars. Later at another thrift store I found a lion which I placed in cage. I really need to find out more about the cage, if antique could be very valuable. Will get photos this weekend of it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 14022
Another one of my favorite trash to treasure triumphs is my hammock area. At one of the island camps that I was painting, the carpenters were throwing away peices of timber tech composite decking that was cut to make a walkway from one porch to another porch (All "camps" are 20-25 ft up on pilings). I couldn't believe they were just gonna throw it away, that stuff is EXPENSIVE, even if it was just scrap peices!!
Needless to say I took them, knowing someday I would find a project for them. I decided I needed a hammock area so I used the scrap peices to make a floor, since they won't rot I guess they will work good for a long time! Now that throw away scrap has a happy home in my backyard!

You are so creative Coco! What a nice spot to relax.

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
I have a small wall pot holder I paid 25 cents at yard sale. Hung it in shed hang all garden hand tools from it. My favorite repurpose is coffee table in livingroom. I was at the salvation army, when I found a circus lion cage. Iove at first sight only $35 dollars. Later at another thrift store I found a lion which I placed in cage. I really need to find out more about the cage, if antique could be very valuable. Will get photos this weekend of it.
Looking forward to seeing that cage, lion & all!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
As far back as I can remember, my grandmother had a small metal cabinet she called her pantry. It stood in her kitchen, full of food items, canned goods, bags of dry beans, rice, pasta, sugar and so on. When she died, nobody else wanted it, so I gladly took it. I did nothing with it for several years, then used it in a portable building, keeping horse related things in it. When we moved, we moved the portable building too and I had to empty it. I unloaded all the horse brushes, medicines, shampoos, hoof picks and other stuff, and packed them in boxes. where they still are........ In our new home, there is no storage in the master bathroom, unless you want to count the 2 door cabinet under the sink. So I thought about Grandmother's pantry. I got it out, cleaned it up and sanded it. As I worked, I reran old memories in my mind of Grandmother and her going to her pantry to get something to cook for supper.

IMG2452.jpg

IMG2453.jpg

IMG2451.jpg

I bought a copper spray paint and white spray paint. I sprayed the inside a new fresh white, taped it off, then sprayed the copper paint on it. It now stands in the bathroom, useful again, a loved part of the quilt of my life.

IMG2482.jpg

Latest posts