Dog food question

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Yep, poor old Jane (the first photo up there) is a drooler, but only when she is nervous, like at the vet.

Kate pictured here seconds AFTER she stole an apple off the tree, is not a drooler at all.

Jane (Jane Doe) was a stray 9 or 10 years ago, and Kate (Kate Moss) was turned into a high kill shelter. She was a bag of bones.

Every state has some kind of St. Bernard rescue group. These two were rescued in Houston! They are such happier dogs up here in the pacific north west...so am I!

(Each dog has a mini keg on their collar that screws apart and holds their addresses.)

912_big_carrots_rabbit_and_chickens_sept_09_082.jpg

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This is Opie, he has passed on.
I rescued him from a hateful home!
All of the dogs I have ever shared my life with was rescued.
I will not support breeders/mills when so many are all ready in need of a good home/love!

100_4781.jpg

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
This is Opie, he has passed on.
I rescued him from a hateful home!
All of the dogs I have ever shared my life with was rescued.
I will not support breeders/mills when so many are all ready in need of a good home/love!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l231/injunjoetortman/Opie/100_4781.jpg
They dressed him like that?!! No wonder you had to rescue him!!! :lol:

Just kidding, he is cery cute!! I agree, I never bought a dog in my whole life! My horses were also rescued and the cat and rabbits too.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
He loved to put on his uni.
He thought he was working with his gear on!
The little guy went to work most everyday when it was not to hot.
The Doggles took about 3 minutes for him to adjust to. No more squinting out the back window of the truck, and on the boat!

What a wonderful friend he was/is.
He did not trust anyone other then me, I am so happy to make his last few years fun and full of love for him!

He is dear to me to this day!

Here is the lil' guy on the boat!

100_5117Large2.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Opie looks like the perfect 'Look-Out' when you're heisting all those plants from the gas station!

LOL

Ron

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All these puppies are so stinkin' cute! I love the puppy pages. :love

Joe - I'm with you - my dogs are rescues. I don't support breeders/mills either. I read on one site a woman was breeding her lab so she could pay her credit cards! :somad

colin

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello

Balanced Diet For Dogs
1) Water should never be substituted with milk, although the latter is an essential fluid in the balanced diet for dogs. The pet should be fed with moderate quantity of milk, because it's over consumption may cause diarrhea. Ensure that your dog gets the good supply of clean water.
2) Growing puppies and pregnant dogs need additional supply of calcium. Be sure to provide your pet with the essential nutrient in such special situations.
3) The protein content recommended for a balanced diet for dog is 20 to 30 percent. Be sure to include protein rich food in your dog's diet. Chicken, salmon and lamb are good sources of protein, apart from pulses.
4) Your dog needs 'fuel' so stay healthy and active. Hence, provide it with food rich in fat and oils. The nutrient also helps in improving the taste and digestive capacity of the pet.
6) Minerals such as calcium and phosphorus are important inclusions in the balanced diet of your dog. The nutrients are required for strong bones and teeth as well as the development of cells and tissue.
7) Cereals, pasta and rice are rich sources of carbohydrate, an essential nutrient required for the supply of energy to the dog. Complement the food with fibrous food, as to improve the smooth bowel movement of the pet.

Thanks for reading
Have a nice day

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
BBH - your saints are just gorgeous. I really wanted a saint so bad. I researched for two years but ended up moving to South LA and so I got a mastiff. I really love big dogs. Unfortuntely, my mastiff doesn't like my children so much. He tolerates them but I know he is "wishing them into the cornfields".. Other than that he is a good dog. Anyway love your saints.

Latest posts