Explosion in Chipmunks This Year

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wish we were catless. Much cheaper to feed the mice. Had coyotes but stupid Amish killed them. Now over run with rodents of all types......

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cats can't handle skunks, ground hogs, raccoons, etc. mice, they are good.

Coyotes were keeping pests down and causing no problems.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had coyotes doing it for free..... You know, natures circle of life... I believe the term everyone uses is sustainable...... :)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish those coyotes would eat more gophers...
Tell the Amish to quit shooting the coyotes.........I kid, I kid.

If you want to kill them, PM easy way to take them out IF you know their dens.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Had coyotes doing it for free..... You know, natures circle of life... I believe the term everyone uses is sustainable...... :)

Yep...we have a yote pack and a grey fox pair and we haven't seen a groundhog in years upon years. Nor have I smelled many skunks at all, so they must be taking those out also. The dog killed a couple of possum in the past few years and a small coon, but he can only kill what comes into his boundary, so the rest are getting picked off by the local wild canines.

Wish they would eat more squirrels....we have those in spades.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Shoot the squirrels in season. They taste gooood,

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
My eyesight is too poor to shoot them accurately any longer but my boys pop a few when they come out...got some in a jar right now, waiting for a good family meal.

My brother rigged up some wire snares down by the orchard and we've caught a few in those, but not nearly enough to count. With all the oak trees, wild cherry and my fruit trees, these squirrels live fat off the land and multiply like rabbits.

My young kittens are just now getting their first wild game~lizards, butterflies and cicadas~and it's only a matter of time before they graduate to squirrel, so a plan is in action.

Latest posts