Garden humor thread..

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
GHnov3.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Guess that leaves the monk playing Long John Siddhartha to me. It actually sort of fits. Our property is probably still LITTERED with all of the places I have buried things; almost none of which I have ever recovered. Sometimes; it's because they were actually symbolic burials in the literal sense and never meant to be dug up again like the fimo bead with the picture of the tiger on it (our first cat passed away while I was at college. Because of scheduling I wasn't able to be there when dad buried her in the back yard so that was my symbolic goodbye.) or my habit when particularly nice beads of mine broke of putting them in holes in the ground as opposed to the garbage. Some are meant to be surprises for whoever gets the property after our family, like the small glass animals in one of our gardens (at least I think they are still there. Oddly despite re digging that piece of ground every year I don't think I've ever unearthed one so for all I know the ants cold have moved them, or the rain washed them down the hill.) But quite a lot are simply me forgetting where I buried something. The Prime example of that was the metal peppermint tin full of semiprecious stones I buried in 1999 as a cache in case the worries about Y2K proved real and then promptly forgot exactly where. It'd STILL be there except that eventually it actually ERODED out of the ground and I found the contents strewn around the shade garden (oddly the tin itself never showed up again). Was glad of that. Nothing in there was particularly valuable but it did have my lump of Dragonskin Jasper which always meant a lot to me (its one of the few semiprecious stones I have ever found myself).
232323232%7Ffp93232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3748%3Dot%3E6%3A56%3D8%3A%3A%3D34%3B%3DXROQDF%3E27667%3A7589244ot1lsi

I think there are STILL some I haven't found. Under one of the slates on our side path I think there is an egg carved out of bloodstone. And one of the stones on the other side has some notgeld under it, if I recall (though since those are iron, I suspect the reason I haven't found those is twenty years of corrosion dissolving them).

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find the oddest things buried in my yard sometimes. Mostly odd to me to think how or why they might have gotten there on what must have been hayfield prior to being my yard. I find a lot of kid's toys too, from the kids that lived here 30 years ago. The other day I found a pretty piece of broken blue and white pottery while planting grapes on the back-40. I like the idea of deliberately burying a few things to be found in the future. Then they can wonder what on earth I must have been up to in my day, a real archeological find. LOL

Latest posts