Garden Photos, Everyone Post Some

pretty40acres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I didn't realize my other pics were so small til now so I will post them again here. :tools

updated pic of our main salad garden. We have from right to left.... peas, onions, radishes, turnips and beets, lettuce, zucchini and squash, onions, cucumbers. We also have tomatoes, sunflowers, korean radish, carrots, and spinach mixed in there too.
8828_our_garden.jpg

My onion tire.
8828_oniontire.jpg

We use to have strawberries in that tire. It worked pretty good to keep them from taking over our yard.

Close up of one of our tomatoes
8828_tomato.jpg

Our huge potato patch
8828_potater.jpg

pretty40acres

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Here are pics of my son's garden. His veggies just started but they seem to be doing good! He started most of his seed indoors this late winter.
8828_bubbys.jpg

8828_bubbygarden.jpg

8828_bubby.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So great to have a son that takes such interest in growing things. Just FYI, the smaller pics were thumbnails. If you click on them, they get big, and the clarity is better than the large ones you posted. We don't mind clicking on them. :) ( like I'm an expert...I don't even know how to post a pic! :rolleyes: I know there are plenty of instructions here, but I don't have a gismo that you connect to download, or whatever, from my phone, so no need to confuse myself at this point.)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So Lucky, I have a funny little story about the wire to connect phone to computer - I didn't think I had one . . . for years!

Then, I discovered that I could disconnect the charging wire, from the outlet plug. THAT wire was the one to the computer!!!

I still don't use it . . :p . You see, I had learned that I could send a picture message directly from my phone to Photobucket. It shows up in an album called "Mobile Uploads."

If you have a Photobucket account: go to your home page, allow the cursor to hover over your name. You will see "account settings." Click that then find "Mobile" in the bar near the top the page. You can just copy the address into your telephone contacts and you are ready to send pictures to Photobucket.

Photobucket has their "IMG code" you can copy to TEG. I imagine that it works the same way with other online galleries :cool:. Maybe Rob will have it here on TEG gallery one of these days :)!

Steve

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I thought I'd have at least one ripe tomato by now. The cherry tomatoes have been on the vine for 3 weeks now, not turning red. Are tomatoes like pots? Does a watched tomato never ripen? :D

8829_sam_0052.jpg

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
What kinds of Tomatoes you growing Mama Chicken?

Yep, gotta stop watching them to make them ripen! Kidding!!!

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
marshallsmyth said:
What kinds of Tomatoes you growing Mama Chicken?
Those particular ones in the picture are Small Red Cherries. I also have Large Red Cherries, Beefsteak, Aunt Ruby's German Green, and Romas out in the main garden, and a few Cherokee Purple seedlings started in the herb bed that I'll transplant out into the garden when they get a little bit bigger. All together I have about 75 plants now, I think. Once they start to produce well I'm going to make sauces, can a bunch, dehydrate some, and probably share tons with friends.

ETA-I'm thinking I'll make some green ketchup with the Aunt Ruby's

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mama, not sure where you are in relation to where we are, but watch your plants for tobacco hornworms. I've already found some on my plants, about 1" long. Young hornworms look exactly like HUGE hornworms -- 'horn' and all! They can be hard to spot, even when they're 5" long! :)

6a00d8341c2d2753ef0133f229a654970b-800wi

Andy by the way, get out and look for sunflower fields blooming in the area now!
This was taken on Mother's day...
6a00d8341c2d2753ef0167667a19ab970b-800wi

And a hornworm video I made last summer...
http://youtu.be/VP4uWUPU6KY

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes, I've been pulling them off of my tomatoes already too. I found one last weekend that was about 5 inches long and bigger around than my thumb! Hubby had to deal with that one, I was scared. ;)
I have trained my oldest daughter to find them by looking under the plants for their droppings. She's great at finding them. I think her summer chores will include picking them off and feeding them to the ducklings. :D