How Much Do You Spend On Wild Bird Seed?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those birds have disappointed. And yet, I hasten to add, I almost wouldn't want to discourage people shooting them. I don't know how we can support much more of that population! Maybe I just don't know what to do with goose.

A few things surprise me about duck. First of all, that young wild birds can have quite a lot of fat on them, just like domestic. What neither have is much meat anywhere but on the breast. Like @Beekissed 's wild turkey, you may as well cook them separately and in different ways. Duck soup ;).

Something Mom would do is make Pound Cake from duck fat. I don't know if this was such a healthy dessert but it sure was good!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love wild duck. I used to deep fry it, rare. It was juicy and tender. Yum! I have cooked and eaten coot and it wasn't bad. The secret is in soaking that coot in vinegar water in the frige 24 hours to get the mud taste out. Then deep fry it. @digitS' how did you prepare coot?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh boy!

It was ages ago. I don't remember much about the coot, Bay'. Admiring the charcoal gray feathers ... curious feet ...

I seem to remember something about onions.

Steve

Latest posts