how much privacy do you need?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see those "fancy" houses with no door on the master bath. If I bought one of those houses, the first thing I would do is build a wall and put up a door! Somethings really are better with a little bit of privacy! I love living with no neighbors.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My ex and I went to couples therapy. One day I mention how it drove me crazy when I was using bathroom, SO would try having a conversion with me. The therapist asked if we had only 1 bathroom. When my SO said we have 9 bathrooms, therapist gasped said 9 wow. I thought there goes big increase in our bill !!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I rent out a room ... well, half the house actually, to another woman. She is 'technically' disabled so does not work. We have had MULTIPLE discussions about privacy and that my bath & bedroom are totally off limits unless there is either smoke or water coming out under the door.
Things are moved just often enough to make me think that she is snooping.
Drives me a bit crazy - which is part of why I started all the 'outside' activities.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I rent out a room ... well, half the house actually, to another woman. She is 'technically' disabled so does not work. We have had MULTIPLE discussions about privacy and that my bath & bedroom are totally off limits unless there is either smoke or water coming out under the door.
Things are moved just often enough to make me think that she is snooping.
Drives me a bit crazy - which is part of why I started all the 'outside' activities.
Put a lock on your bedroom door. That's what my friend did to keep her sons out of her room and drinking all of her Pepsi!

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess some kids do a lot of snooping in their parents' stuff when parents aren't home. Locks just make kids more determined to find out what's being hidden.
When I worked with emotionally disturbed kids, I had a client whose parents thought they were locking away certain things. The kid told me "There's not a lock in this house I can't unlock whenever I want." :ep

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky, my friends sons were all in high school and older. She made it clear that her pepsi was in there and they were not to touch it. I'm sure those boys might have been able to open that door but they choose not too. Getting a Pepsi was not worth the wrath of their mother.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My ex and I went to couples therapy. One day I mention how it drove me crazy when I was using bathroom, SO would try having a conversion with me. The therapist asked if we had only 1 bathroom. When my SO said we have 9 bathrooms, therapist gasped said 9 wow. I thought there goes big increase in our bill !!
Where is the "first world problems" thread when you want it?

I fear, Nyboy, :epI heard a short gasp when I read that myself. I believe you were what the sales world calls :confused: a "captive audience". There was no question that you could hear the conversation. No way you could claim ignorance of the discussion at a later time. A rather good technique, I think. However, I find 'better' times to discuss things with DH -- usually.:gig

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have three bathrooms (2 1/2) and I actually have to force myself to go into two of them for cleaning. Never use 'em. Seldom think of 'em. Can't figure out why they get so messy so quickly.