I am depressed.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think he will feel really bad when he realizes what he did to Ava's flowers. That would crush any parent. Hopefully lesson learned.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Water, water, water. It says right on the bag that you should have 24 - 48 hours before rainfall for the weed killer to work properly. You may just have a lot of slow release fertilizer for the plants if you act quickly enough. Good luck! :hugs

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
He does feel really awful and said he'd buy something to replant whatever dies and put it in himself. I hope he didn't kill his dad's roses. Those are irreplaceable (the ones my MIL trusted me with). It rained cats and dogs today, so it's wait and see now I guess. I got as much out as I could. Right now everything looks good, but it could take up to a week for it to show.

I would surely bet that this is a regular occurrence with that junk. The bag had been sitting around in the garage for two years. He had bought it when we came back from our long hospital stay with Savannah because the yard was overrun with chickweed and looked awful. The chickweed went away on its own with regular mowing. He says he ended up using it because I used up the rest of his big bag of 10-10-10 on the garden. So there ya have it. I suppose we will look back and find this funny one day! *sigh*

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
@journey11 could you take cuttings from the roses as insurance?

That's a good idea. I've killed every rose cutting I've tried to root in the past, but recently saw a potato trick I've been wanting to try. I guess the potato is supposed to provide the perfect amount of even moisture.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, it'll be one of those stories that get passed down to the grandkids. It's all a learning curve isn't it?
I think it was a sweet thing for him to offer to replace and plant new flowers. He made a mistake, but he's obviously a keeper. :love
I'm hoping the roses come out unscathed, they are generally pretty tough plants.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think we must have bragged too much to each other how on top of things we were feeling this year! This has been a really good year for me so far otherwise!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
So far, I've only seen the foliage contortion on some of my purple wintercreeper, the wild strawberries at the edge of the bed, and a couple of pansies I will probably lose. Nothing too big of a deal or that won't replace itself. I've been watching the dahlias very closely and only one appears to be curling, but is still green otherwise. Those I'm most worried about. :fl