I am depressed.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Years ago my DH did the same thing, somes things were ok, annuals took it the worst. The next year he repeated it, only with grass seed. :rolleyes:It is a bit hard to control the spray from those hand spreaders, but :rant!
I hope the damage has ended for you! :fl

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
If the Dahlias survive, does this mean you take back the beating you gave your DH? (that way you get to beat him twice!) :lol:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago my DH did the same thing, somes things were ok, annuals took it the worst. The next year he repeated it, only with grass seed. :rolleyes:It is a bit hard to control the spray from those hand spreaders, but :rant!
I hope the damage has ended for you! :fl

Oh my, yes, that is the last thing I need is him broadcasting more grass seed into my beds! :barnie I did get him to agree to using the bagger on the mower when he's out front. That has helped a lot. I was threatening to mow it myself, ha.

It's been five days so far...

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, weed killer damage can take longer than 5 days to show on all the damaged plants. I've found that accelerated growth is the easiest symptom to recognize. I've thought that the weed control forces the plants to grow out their life-span in too short a period for seed development. Even now, a cutting or two from plants you suspect are compromised might root.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, weed killer damage can take longer than 5 days to show on all the damaged plants. I've found that accelerated growth is the easiest symptom to recognize. I've thought that the weed control forces the plants to grow out their life-span in too short a period for seed development. Even now, a cutting or two from plants you suspect are compromised might root.

That's what I'm afraid of. I think it said to look for results in 7 days. What I read online about the action of 2,4-D is that it forces the plant to grow with uncontrollable cell division and that's why the leaves twist and curl. Half-life of the chemical is about 6 days... And it's systemic, working its way through the whole plant eventually. :\

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey, I've been thinking about you and your beds. Glad that so far, the damage doesn't seem to intense. Two more days to go to see better results. I know those will be long days for you. Wishing you the best and hope everything comes through.

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hoping this story has a happy ending... Reminds me of something my Dad did long ago. He had weed and feed and thought it would be great for everything. So, he sprinkled it on all the foundation plantings around the house. The next summer we had all new landscaping. That was an expensive mistake! Something about men and reading directions.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Status report?

And this is why I have a yard and not grass. Too many chemicals to deal with to create a mono-scape of grass.

Besides it's green even if it's clover, some assorted weeds, and some grass.

Latest posts