I Rode My Horse Today

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@ninnymary you could ride Joe. He is sweet, gentle and s l o w. That's him in my avatar being ridden by my friend's 89 year old father. You will just have to come visit Texas!

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
glad you enjoyed the ride, your story is so similar to my abby, she was a very abused little Arabian mare that i had from the time she was 6 till she died at the age of 27. it took her years to trust and bond with me but she did and we made a great pair. and you know that giving up things for your mom's sake shows what you're made of, good on ya!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great horse stories. You ladies are so patient. My horses have great temperaments. My Rascal is the GGG grandson of Secretariat, and GG grandson of Spectacular Bid. I got him through a rescue, but he was never neglected or mistreated. The owner just could not sell him. Secretariat was know for a nice temperament. When my grandsons come over to him he stretches his head down to that they can touch him. He is extra quiet and gentle around them. He tolerates their quick movements without flinching. I never knew that horses understood that little people had to be treated so gently.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@catjac1975 the arab gelding i have now is a grandson of el mokhtar who was the black stallion used in the race scenes of the movie the black stallion returns. i have had horses since i was 12, use to exercise tb's and quarter horses off the race track and i have never ridden a horse as fast as this guy, he is amazing and sweet as they come. i got him to do some endurance riding a few years back but hurt my back at work and can no longer ride for any length of time so mostly he is a pasture ornament now. would love to find someone that could/would use him.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I LOVED THAT MOVIE and THAT HORSE!!!!!! A great horse deserves a great retirement. You just never know how they will be treated if you let them go.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I LOVED THAT MOVIE and THAT HORSE!!!!!! A great horse deserves a great retirement. You just never know how they will be treated if you let them go.

Love, Love, Loved that BOOK! Walter Farley was my favorite author for a part of my youth. The first book of his I read was "Little Black, a Pony". I got in trouble for having his book opened and hiding behind my "Dick and Jane" book during first grade reading class.

I read every book he wrote -- some of them several times -- and remember daydreaming about racing across the valley on my stallion and missing out on whatever the teacher was explaining. In fact, I've always blamed Walter Farley as the real reason I did not learn math in grade school. Without him, the Black, and the Island Stallion (and their offspring) to distract me, I could have been a rocket scientist.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have always loved horses. But never owned one of my own. It has been many years since I rode. I would LOVE to meet Joe ( an you ;) ) someday @baymule.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee you would be perfectly safe on Joe. He is a sweetheart. Grand daughter and I are cooking up a scheme to turn Joe into a unicorn, just gotta come up with a proper horn for him and a way to attach it. Then festoon him with ribbons to a little girls delight. My bet is that Joe would enjoy all the attention!

Latest posts