I Rode My Horse Today

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, let's go and surprise baymule and ride Joe. ;) While we're there we can help her with her projects. She'll love that!

Mary
OH Boy that would be fun. :) Somehow doing those kind of tasks take back burner at home but take on a fun attitude when shared with friends.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee you would be perfectly safe on Joe. He is a sweetheart. Grand daughter and I are cooking up a scheme to turn Joe into a unicorn, just gotta come up with a proper horn for him and a way to attach it. Then festoon him with ribbons to a little girls delight. My bet is that Joe would enjoy all the attention!
I used to collect unicorns! If you do dress Joe up I REALLY want to see it. ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to collect unicorns! If you do dress Joe up I REALLY want to see it. ;)
She and I have discussed how to make the horn out of rolled cardboard. We decided to paint it, no glitter, because it could come loose and get in his beautiful sky blue eyes. There is glitter for horses tails and manes and even horse "hoof paint" in colors! You can be sure that if we do make Joe into a unicorn, there will be LOTS of pictures! LOL LOL

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i worked my senior year of high school for our local equine clinic while i took animal science with our vocational school. i'm not in love with horses but i do admire some of the breeds out there. a lot of the horses we had come to the clinic were race horses-thoroughbreds and quarter horses mostly. we had the local Budweiser Clydesdale horses come in for a visit with one staying for a couple weeks. Oscar was such a sweetie, nice gentle giant!

during spring i remember a couple of mini horses coming in to foal. i never realized how some of those tiny horses could be so spunky or protective of their little babies! :eek: don't get in that little momma's way! nearly got dragged while she was chasing the Doc carrying the foal to the x-ray room! a couple years later in college i got to meet the owner of that horse. also got to meet the grown up foal! what a cutie he turned out to be! but poor boy had some issues and needed to live indoors due to blindness but the owner took great care of him and kept him safe. the blindness was a genetic issue and not from abuse/neglect.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
bay, are you dressing Joe for Halloween? Your granddaughter could be dressed like a princess and ride him. Bet they would both look awesome!

Mary

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@ baymule..... pictures, we want pictures
@Smart Red, i loved Walter Farley books too and read every one way more than once. my bff and i met in the 2nd grade and use to race each other on the playground pretending we were horses, to this day we still ride the mountains together and both ended up with arabs in this cowboy world. both misfits and could care less. as you can see he didn't stay black but is a beautiful silver gray . i took that pic as i was driving past on the road.
1238.JPG

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My mom found the complete set of Walter Farleys Black Stallion books at a thrift store and I got them for Christmas.

That's funny @goatgurl, my bf in elementary school and I were always the horses in Farleys books too, or mustangs sometimes, galloping across the golden plains, er, I mean the playground! She was super cool because her grandparents lived on a really real ranch in Montana where she got to spend the summers and ride every day. I sure wished her mom and dad would adopt me.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, try rolling it out of aluminum foil, then do paper mache with strips of paper towels. Here's a good recipe for paper mache clay too. You can get very detailed and it will be lightweight. And paper mache is just fun. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
thanks @journey11 paper mache would be a fun activity for grand daughter too! We are so looking forward to walking out the back door and there's the horses! We'll have to go up with some sort of temporary shelter for the winter until we can build them a "real" barn!

Latest posts