It's almost official 258 Pots is now a spot on the map...

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It's been a long journey to get here. Finally it's coming together. I made a small step today when 258 Pots is now an place on google maps and a page on facebook. Long story short after battling illness, I pulled out of it and bought a two acre spot with a mfg home, and 32x44 garage and 24x44 "barn". Most of my illness behind me, and now to hit a pace. I have the garden cut in (brand new 64'*88' cut into fallow farm field overgrown with trash plants), six chickens growing in the "new" coop, and we are on our way.

My goal is to "unjob" and become "off the grid" and self sustaining and it's going to take a while. It's up to me and my lovely first and second (in one) wife to get it done. The reasons are simple, I was dying and there is/was no cure, just a comfortable death that wasn't comfortable at all. I am treating myself 100% naturally and having good success. Follow me here as we put this mess of a place on the map ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20150329_132045586.jpg
    IMG_20150329_132045586.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 270
  • 258 Pots redux.jpg
    258 Pots redux.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 324

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wish you and your two in one wife the best! Having a vision and a goal is very important to keep your focus. We're here to cheer you on. :)

Great coop!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Unjob! That's nice work if you can swing it. I am sending to you all the best wishes for a long and happy life off grid and in love. I would give up most of today's technology for such a life. While this is as close as I get, I hope you attain your goals. Dreams are powerful motivators.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
XtreemLee, Greetings, Yours is a very interesting post. Thanks for sharing what you are doing to live well and cure. I hope we can hear more of your natural cure. Agreed that road is many/most times the best. Please if it isn't upsetting in any way, tell more of your method.

I will follow your progress with your land and garden for sure.

Thank you
Richard

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I don't really know or can explain what all happened in the last five years, but I will say this in a readers digest version I'll say this: I was 320 pounds and on 6 different prescriptions and two doctors care, and miserable (seriously/clinically miserable). After screwing up my life (divorcing my wife) etc. etc. I got off the prescripts and lost my appetite for about a year. I would go two, three, four days without eating and lost weight to about 200 pounds. During that journey of loss of appetite I decided to eliminate possible variables. The variables I am watching is food poisons (most any and all food additives are poison to some degree), no gmo (to also avoid corn, soy and gmo commercial meat and meat products are out), no corn or soy, no pasteurized or homogenized dairy, limited grains and legumes.

Did I say no corn or soy? Foul worthless products now, in the last 100 years corn, soy and wheat have been industrialized to the point they have zero value in my diet. Since eating 2000 calories of fruits and vegetables isn't real easy, I have never been more physically fit. My mental well being has improved I still have "breaks" but it' issomething I continue to try to be aware of.
I looked at baby formula the other day and saw it was mostly corn syrup and soy protein - I weep for todays child...

Our plan is to not have to make that trip to the natural foods store so often, I hate buying beets and sweet potatoes when I know I can grow more than I could ever eat...

Might be getting a goat, I've been tasked with building a pen ;)

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our plan is to not have to make that trip to the natural foods store so often, I hate buying beets and sweet potatoes when I know I can grow more than I could ever eat...

That's for sure! It doesn't take a very long row of either of those to keep you stocked for the year. :)

You are what you eat. Definitely. Glad to hear your health is much improved.

Latest posts