It's almost official 258 Pots is now a spot on the map...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is the meager provisions for two corner posts of my outdoor goat pen, just picked up a used post hole digger off cl, now to get to work! Challenge will be to support the fence while not giving the goats a way to climb out...

Isn't that the everlasting dilemma with goats? They definitely make us think creatively, bless their scheming little hearts!

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh and one of my gsd's need to become a lgd... Probably Aries my rescue white gsd she isn't deaf , my other one "Milton" (the sable) is...

Attachments

• IMG9501261.jpg
    IMG9501261.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 229

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here is a chicken tractor I am thinking about making into a rabbit hutch. The idea is to put it on 3' foot posts then build a bottom, and build individual boxes (with grow out and maternity hutches). Should be a huge project, and rabbit pros wanna tell me how I should do it? Plan would be to get a buck and a doe and breed rabbits for meat.

We have a mind to build something similar for a rabbit hutch, also converting a structure almost exactly like yours that we had kept growing chicks in to get them out on some pasture in the summer. (It was working great for that purpose, until we found the neighbor's dog had pushed in the opening and was sitting inside with the chicks--miraculously all alive at the time! :confused:)

Ours is also a rectangle, built out of 2x4s. I was thinking of setting 4x4 posts into the ground to elevate it, then somehow attaching it to those. We thought maybe a simple lean-to type shed against the barn with that inside, and walling off part of the back for nesting area on at least one part of it. I think we can get 3 individual compartments in it, as big as it is (4'x8'). DH is wanting meat rabbits too. If it turns out, maybe we can compare notes on this remodeling project?

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It seems plenty old and I think I could have used twice that amount, I am going to spread it then till it in, I got new "birds" for the irrigation and will be testing that out in a bit also...

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We have a mind to build something similar for a rabbit hutch, also converting a structure almost exactly like yours that we had kept growing chicks in to get them out on some pasture in the summer. (It was working great for that purpose, until we found the neighbor's dog had pushed in the opening and was sitting inside with the chicks--miraculously all alive at the time! :confused:)

Ours is also a rectangle, built out of 2x4s. I was thinking of setting 4x4 posts into the ground to elevate it, then somehow attaching it to those. We thought maybe a simple lean-to type shed against the barn with that inside, and walling off part of the back for nesting area on at least one part of it. I think we can get 3 individual compartments in it, as big as it is (4'x8'). DH is wanting meat rabbits too. If it turns out, maybe we can compare notes on this remodeling project?

Right on! Mine is about 6 by 12 and I'm not exactly sure what I want for hutches, grow out portions and mothering portions. I know nothing so comparing notes at the moment will be quite one sided. I need to learn about rabbit hutches...

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
One of the problems/opportunities came when we found that source of goat manure (not horse like originally planned), we also found a person very knowledgeable and helpful about acquiring a goat, which is a deal almost inked...

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Here is my first and second wife, helping with burning a ditch. We were out there looking at it when I stuck my lighter in some brush, after she ran for extra rakes and we worked hard staying ahead of the fire, she doesn't like it when I'm holding a lighter, you folks in the east might not understand that, but burning is a way of life out here...

Attachments

• IMG_20150415_161205560.jpg
    IMG_20150415_161205560.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 203

258 Pots

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well the deal is inked and $ on delivery of one Lamancha Doe and whatever she kids, probably in the early part of May, I believe she is due may 10th or so. We are letting the breeder have her kid then we'll will take her. Got to get the pen done now! (and fertilize, till, reset irrigation, and fence and plant the garden)...

Is a gardener/farmer busy in the spring? ;)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you are not eating wheat you might try spelt. It is an ancient grain. I have been eating it for quite a few years. I also do not eat dairy, only my home grown corn, and no white potatoes. I have lost that middle aged abdominal bulge along with 30 lbs that I thought were there for life. I use a sprouted spelt flour that I get from soap.com. Whole foods sell it as well. I make bread at least once a week, and use it for everything. I feel so much better. You can get spelt pasta, and I also use rice pasta.

Latest posts