Learned Something New About My Stove

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The folks had a glass top range, I hated it! I'm not crazy about our electric range either. I really think I would prefer as gas stove/oven. We do have self clean oven. I've only used it a few time. Boy does it get HOT and STINK. The big drawer under the oven IS Storage on mine. :)

My drawer on the electric was storage too. My stove had started acting up by locking as if for the self clean function when I was baking. I was usually able to get the door unlocked by fiddling around with the latch and threats. The final straw was the year I put the Thanksgiving turkey in and I heard that ominous click. I bought my gas stove the following week.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I was a single dad, I thought I had to have a dishwasher.

Then, DW showed up. After about 3 years of essentially zero use, it would not run. She didn't like it!

forget about making pancakes
What!? That just about puts it at a failing grade ... ;).

Steve

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love my gas ovens and stoves... the one now is gas with two ovens underneath one burner is
fast boil cannot use cast iron on those fancy glass top and my pancake skillet is cast
iron and takes two burners...
we have a dishwasher but do not use it enough to warrant having it
housemates agreed but not sure about taking it out either.
should watch my editing words better

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a drawer under my stove that I keep all the cookie trays and such in. It's NOT the broiler, that is in the very top of the oven itself.
If there's no heating element, it's a storage drawer. :)

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had fun reading all your post here. When I was just 1, in the end of the 60's, and lived all by myself in my first apartment, I became a neat nut. So where would you store that "plastic coated dish drainer"? You got it, right in the oven. Seemed reasonable to me....until I preheated the oven to bake something. That was a mess for such a poor young thing that I was. All the plastic dripped down over each metal rack and all over the bottom of the oven. I just didn't know what to do. When it cooled down, it was even worse. I learned my lesson that day. Nothing ever gets stored in my oven.

My hubby and I debated on electric or gas as we renovated our home we are living in now. He won and we bought electric regular burner type.....Not one year later we had a gas stove in it's place...I just hate electric...I "can" allot, allot, and like immediate gratification. Canning is all about even and steady temperatures. I am more comfortable with gas stoves.

My eye level built-in oven is electric because I would not live without a self cleaning oven. Cleaning an oven is one thing I hate to do. Maybe it's from my first experience with that oven at 18. o_O;)

Latest posts