Mom Went to Assisted Living

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Along with everyone else, don't beat yourself up. You can only do what you can do. I couldn't get my folks to move by me when they needed to. Mom would still be alive if she had.

Just treat her as you want your children to treat you. It's tough!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate nursing homes and I hate assisted living.....necessary, but that doesn't make me like it any better. When that day comes for me, maybe my kids will just take me camping and let me wander off in the wilderness........

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
No matter what you do for your parents, you always feel you could have/should have done more/different/better.
My mom told me, when she was very ill, that I should never feel I didn't do enough for her. That makes me feel a little better, but I have to say I did resent all the demands made on me at the time. Several times she told me she wished I could just stay there at the nursing home with her all the time to take care of her. Man, what a heavy burden that put on me emotionally!

I hope you find a satisfactory solution for her care after you move. There are no easy answers, and what works for one family doesn't necessarily work for others.

I think it was you, Bay, who brought to my attention the "Over The Rainbow" video by Brother Iz. It hit me extremely hard....in a good way. We used it at Mom's funeral.
Anyway, just wanted to say I'm sending good energy your way.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You did everything you could for as long as you could. The important thing is she's safe. Remember that.

Anytime you need to vent we're here for you.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Borning Cry
Amazing Grace Bagpipes
What a Wonderful World

Are all sure to bring tears and a lump to my throat.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, you're mom did a great job raising you because look at all that you have done for her. It's ok for others to care for her now and for you to do the visiting. You've put a lot of time and energy into her care and you deserve a little rest and time with your husband. Try not to feel guilty. Good luck in your future move and with the decision of what to do with your mom at the end of the year. Hugs.

Mary

Latest posts