My Dad

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It takes him 2 days to cut a small city lawn. Day one he cuts day two he edges. Day six start over.
Me, too.

Except, I cut the back one day of the week and the front, a different day.

The back lawn has all these "impediments" to move! Sawhorse tables with flats of plants. Little lawn "hoopies" protecting plant starts from cold night temperatures ... it goes on for several months and takes time to move outta the way and move back later. I'm also getting to the gardens on those mowing days. The only days I don't go to the gardens is when it rains. If it rains, I may have a day off from everything ;).

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just wondering if a snow blower only works for the light fluffy snow? and probably only when it is fresh?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It depends on the machine, So Lucky.

Some are gargantuan, self-propelled behemoths suitable for clearing a quarter mile driveway. There are little things that must not be much heavier than a snow shovel that I'd imagine do okay getting someone from their backdoor to their garage, 15' away.

I once had a neighbor with a behemoth. He could throw snow all the way across his 50' wide yard, but he didn't. Some, apparently thinking that the street's a no man's land, throw snow from their yards completely across it hitting parked cars.

Steve

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just read all of the posts in this thread. I think all of you are correct. Most our parents want to do-for-themselves and most of us want to protect them from harm. These two things are not always compatible. It's the way we humans do things. My feelings are that we should try to avoid doting over our parents as they come from a different era and self sufficiency is important to most of them.

The past two years, especially 2014, have been very hard with the death of mom and dad. Just weeks apart.

Regardless of their needs, habits, and actions please try to love them unconditionally. They slip away so quickly.

Latest posts