my little corner

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
As tired as we get, it makes you wonder why we long for spring! We love the days when we start early and work till dark thirty! Love your saying Bay!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Planted onions anyway! Didn't catch any fish, even though they were jumping all around me, taunting me!
Gracie Goose laid another egg, but I don't know how in the world she squeezed herself into the chicken's nest box! Now off to get the taxes done, as if Uncle Sam ain't taking a big enough chunk of me already!

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Won't be able to get much done today, have to go to work. On a brighter note, the peas and beets are poking little green leaves up! I picked three strawberries from that strawberry patch, the plum trees are nicely leafed out, and the cabbages are coming along nicely!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I haven't been here much. I've been spending the daylight hours working out in the yard with my spouse. After nearly 9 years of being sick and unable to do much outside, I feel that I have to prove myself -- prove that I can be useful and get needed work done in the yard.

The past few years my sweetheart has stopped working in the yard because he's had to do it all himself. I was happy that I could keep the veggies growing, but that was about it. Now I'm feeling so much better. We've always spent a bit more time early in spring cleaning up the yard and gardens from their winter mess so that there is little work needed during the growing season. So far we've cleaned up three 'yards' and 5 flower garden beds.

So much work left to do. Here's hoping our weather holds and we get a lot more done before it rains or turns cold. (Some silly weatherman actually mentioned SNOW for early next week.)

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Monday is my next off day. Planning on putting the beans in, possibly kale, cantaloupes, squash, and corn. Maybe cukes as well. :)

happy acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Didn't get to plant anything yesterday, it was raining buckets! And today it's blackberry winter, so nothing going on again! On a good note, DH got me some apple trees, and some peach trees. So this weekend I'll be planting trees! :)

kathiesgarden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I haven't been here much. I've been spending the daylight hours working out in the yard with my spouse. After nearly 9 years of being sick and unable to do much outside, I feel that I have to prove myself -- prove that I can be useful and get needed work done in the yard.

The past few years my sweetheart has stopped working in the yard because he's had to do it all himself. I was happy that I could keep the veggies growing, but that was about it. Now I'm feeling so much better. We've always spent a bit more time early in spring cleaning up the yard and gardens from their winter mess so that there is little work needed during the growing season. So far we've cleaned up three 'yards' and 5 flower garden beds.

So much work left to do. Here's hoping our weather holds and we get a lot more done before it rains or turns cold. (Some silly weatherman actually mentioned SNOW for early next week.)

So glad you are able to get back into your yard. I had to have a very difficult spinal surgery in 2011. I was so weak that all I could do that year was sit in the greenhouse (my wonderful husband built it to encourage me) with a few plants and just enjoy them. I really love the fact that you are back in your garden. Very glad you're feeling better.
Kathie

Latest posts