Named Winter Storms

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snowing hard right now!

I am wondering if it is snowing in Louisiana . . !

It might have been a bad day to be in Mississippi or Mobile, Alabama - I guess :/.

Steve

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just came in from a long walk with the dogs and it's a blizzard out there. I use the term "blizzard" like I know what I'm talking about. Ha Ha. We're supposed to get 6 to 10 inches of snow today and it's got a pretty good start already. And the wind almost knocked me down several times. Both dogs are laying on the hearth at the woodstove completely covered with the white stuff. It must be pretty slippery out on the road because at around 5:00 AM I saw the lights of a vehicle way out there on our road and it was moving VERY slow. I love winter storms.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Snowing hard right now!

I am wondering if it is snowing in Louisiana . . !

It might have been a bad day to be in Mississippi or Mobile, Alabama - I guess :/.

Steve
No snow here Steve, although it is cold and the wind is blowing! I was hoping for a snow day. :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just aHUGE storm moving north on the east side of the Mississippi!

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/full_loop.php

(I know you like to say "eastern half" of the US but . . . maybe we should just allow you to call it 90% of the US population.)

Good to know about your side of Louisiana, Joan (despite you wanting a snow day ;)). I don't think anybody around here got a snow day but there's a little more coming. I haven't quite figured out what the Weather Service was saying about southern Cal but it doesn't look as bad as they made it sound. I suppose that in places with more dense populations flooding is more of a risk. Lots of good drainage covered with asphalt and roof tops you know.

Things look good around here for the next couple of weeks but Vfem over there in North Carolina must be getting some real bad weather and, after the 1st of the year, maybe that snow she was so looking forward to.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is winter time in southeast Texas-twenty degrees this morning! Will warm up to 45 degrees and back down to twenty again tonight. No snow. :( But our daughter, son in law and grand daughter drove back home to Lindale (just outside of Tyler, Texas) after celebrating family Christmas in Conroe, Texas and sent us a cell phone pic of our grand daughter playing in the snow! They are also thoughtful and send us pics of them roasting marshmallows in the fireplace.........I'm sorta jealous :lol:

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Started snowing here at about 7, and it's been snowing on and off ever since. The weird thing is how different it's been for different parts of the Cincinnati area. My parents in No KY have seen mostly rain. DH, who works about 15 mi east of here, hasn't seen anything for hours. Spookydog and I ventured out at 12, and our tracks were gone by 2 when we went to check on the chickens. I'm sad to miss a couple of family functions, but I'm happy to have some snow.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Snow's over around here for now. We only ended up with about 4", but 15 miles east they got 12". My chickens were freaked out and wouldn't even come out today, even tho the wind had blown parts of their yard dry.

DigginWithJon

Leafing Out
Reaction score
The weather channel is great! If I think my weather is bad I turn that on, and say ok, I can live with this! They name the storms because they think it will make people take the storms more seriously. It might be confusing though when you say Kate got my car stuck!

Latest posts