New Old Truck work started

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Truck was dropped off at my mechanics yesterday. He just called truck held together with bondo and paint. Because I know nothing about cars I have learn sale is always based on my mechanic approval. The seller is trying to tell me mechanic is wrong .

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just as before, Nyboy, you have a decision to make only now you have more information with which to decide. You are wise to have put that into the offer to buy.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
With a northern truck that old, no surprise. Standard way to fix bodies in '60's & 70's.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Going to look at same truck but unrestored Sun. Since thats not something I can do my self, not sure it wiilln't just be a waste of time. Red I learned the hard way, i know nothing about cars, have someone who does check it out and always put it in writing. I once bought a car off my parents, my mother made me sign a sales contract !!!

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's the truck to buy right there. You can get in and not worry about where to park or will it rain or whatever?
I'll guarantee you'll have as much fun and meet some real nice people driving a survivor like that.
Those all fancied up vehicles are fine and I have a few myself, but the survivors are a lot more fun to tool around in.
$3300 is a little steep for the midwest but it may be a good price in the east. Around here I'd offer about $2200 and expect to pay about $2500.

THANX RICH

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
does the seller have any more pics of the floor in the cab? that is where you really don't want to see it rusting out. that can be a tricky spot to repair.

Latest posts