New Old Truck work started

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother is was a mechanic. I remember when I was 17 he made me buy a old lady car (dodge dart) because it was so simple and easy to work on. God how I hated that car, at 17 I wanted something much more flasher.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother is was a mechanic. I remember when I was 17 he made me buy a old lady car (dodge dart) because it was so simple and easy to work on. God how I hated that car, at 17 I wanted something much more flasher.
LOL , I drove Grandpa's Dodge Dart a few times, it was his mail route car. Dependable and right hand steering and braking added for the mail route!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My daughter thinks she is abused since she has to drive her grandmas old Buick Century..... I tell her to drive whatever she can afford.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
is your nephew going with you to look at it? you might want his opinion on any body work if needed. since he knows how to weld i'm sure he might see some issues you might not spot. i like that you might be able to get the floor pans to order now. if they need to be repaired it would be easier to do than having to make them yourself.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Carol how long did it take you to get use to right hand steering? I had more then a few close calls the week I rented a car in London.
I just drove very carefully. Of course we still where driving on the same side of the road unlike Europe! I got some really odd/frightened looks when meeting oncoming traffic! :ep LOL

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a beautiful boat @Chickie'sMomaInNH . There's a wooden boat festival on one of the lakes here every year and they are quite a sight.
the boat looked much more impressive when it was maintained each year. it just got to be too much of an expense. but they are nice that you don't have to do too much to the engine each year. you do have to give them time to soak up the water before you use it or they sit low on the lake. he restored another one that was also putting around the same lake. she was called Betty Boop and owned by someone who lived across the lake from us. i think the last time ours was on the water was the late 80's. last time it was registered was 1991. it sat under a tarp beside our garage up till 2005 when dad got the motorcycle to work on. i have to say that boat left us in better shape than the pictures i remember seeing as a kid before dad restored it. i think the person who bought it took it home to upstate NY.

every summer on Lake Winnipesaukee there is a similar wooden boat festival. you get to see all sorts of beautiful boats that have been kept restored. they are a labor of love but sometimes you need to have the time and money to keep them floating.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Humph! Nyboy, my first car was a 1962 Dodge Dart -- a hand-me-down from mom when she was no where near being an old lady. I think that was the first year all cars needed seat belts even though wearing them was optional.