New property owners again

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Highjacked thread!!!! I see how it is .... lol I under stand that y'all want pictures of the property as it comes together but as it stands right now, I haven't taken any lately. I promise I will get some pictures posted when I am able.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew can always fall back on the claim that whiplash and assorted accident pain is keeping her from lifting the camera for those shots. I, for one, will totally understand.

Of course, Dew has MontyJ at her beck and call. 'Beck' him to bring the camera and 'call' him to take a few shots. We already know Dew is up to posting.

Seriously, Dew, don't listen to those teasing friends. Iff'n you don't feel up to camera work, just don't do it. We will wait on pins and needles for your newest work shots, but wait we will.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dew can always fall back on the claim that whiplash and assorted accident pain is keeping her from lifting the camera for those shots. I, for one, will totally understand.

Of course, Dew has MontyJ at her beck and call. 'Beck' him to bring the camera and 'call' him to take a few shots. We already know Dew is up to posting.

Seriously, Dew, don't listen to those teasing friends. Iff'n you don't feel up to camera work, just don't do it. We will wait on pins and needles for your newest work shots, but wait we will.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That's great Smart red!!!! I love it, but the whip lash has caused me to forget how to work the camera for a few days..... :idunno I don't mind the teasing.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This weekends update:

Nothing was done inside. I spent all day yesterday running the new Husqvarna trimmer, cutting every weed in my path. I couldn't run the tractor over much of the property for fear of hitting something. Now I have everything down and cleared :weeeAll I need now is to get the tractor and trailer over there and pick up all the trash I uncovered. That feels sooooo gooood!

Today I had a buddy come over with his mini excavator to dig up the sewer tap and trench for the line. Everything went smooth and as an added bonus, he also filled in an old pond, leveled a small hill, dug up a couple of trees, and pulled every fence post from the old chain link fence between the new property and the other property I own. It only took him a couple of hours to do all of that, so since I paid him $100 he said he would come back and cover the sewer line once it's inspected. As soon as he was done, Dew and I ran the new sewer line. Well, I ran the sewer line, while Dew fetched parts for me and gave me something pretty to look at ;) (wondered several times how a guy like me landed a woman like that).

We should have the inspector out later this coming week and be able to get the water on by Saturday. Then it's on to the electrical service. The new garden tub for the master bath is coming sometime this week and, of course, I'll be out of town when it arrives. The tractor trailer can't come to our house, so I'm trying to set something up with a friend to help Dew pick it up in town.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, I ran the sewer line, while Dew fetched parts for me and gave me something pretty to look at ;) (wondered several times how a guy like me landed a woman like that).
Sometimes I think I'm just a gofer for him.... ;) go fer this go fer that....ect.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
While I have learned a lot from my DH so I can actually be of help at times, my main task is being the go-fer. Recently DS has started helping with the rental work for DH. After spending the morning working on some plumbing, DS turned to DH and said he actually the work that morning since they had me to go-fer. He wishes he had a go-fer like his dad. When he has work around his house to do he spends more of his time in stores or getting to stores than actually working.

DH retired 10 years before I did. His most common complaint was all the time wasted shopping so he could get the planned work done. I believe his real intent when getting me to retire was wanting his go-fer back.

Dew, we go-fers are the unheralded heros of our working men.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He ended up doing more of the go-fering than I did because he was afraid I'd fall in the ditch. It's not that wide, I was doing fine.

Latest posts