New property owners again

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Don't forget to use the magnets on the sticks!!...and run them over the grass and ground to find all of the nails. :th I have been doing that for 5 years now on this property. I find bent rusty nails daily. Or, after a rain...or...after DH does his digging with his Kubota. Glass and nails...is what we grow best here :barnie

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i keep finding crushed beer cans, old nails from where the barn was, depression era pottery/glass bits & pieces on occasion. and i have been finding vintage marbles too! i can say i know where mine are at but i have to get them all together in one spot someday!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have magnet on a stick somewhere. LOL I will use it in the drive way. That's where I have found a lot of car parts and stuff like that.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have 2. The little round one and a longer flat wide one. I keep them handy, as old rusty nails and all sorts of junk always surface after a rain.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I once made "Electro-Magnet on a Stick". I got tired of having to pick all the stuff off the magnet by hand. It worked OK, but wasn't as strong as I wanted it to be. It was kind of scary to use too, being built from scavenged stuff and plugged into an extension cord and all.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
when we bought our property it's was a junkyard nails and other metal as well glass and other things, got a hold of an old switcher yard magnet and turned into a rolling magnet. that summer picked up a 55 gallon barrel of steel and who knows how much glass we picked as well.
works great now for when we have campfires and burn pallets...
DSC_0004.JPG

couple more weeks and its campfire time again...

Last edited:

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
when we bought our property it's was a junkyard nails and other metal as well glass and other things, got a hold of an old switcher yard magnet and turned into a rolling magnet. that summer picked up a 55 gallon barrel of steel and who knows how much glass we picked as well.
works great now for when we have campfires and burn pallets...
View attachment 8964

couple more weeks and its campfire time again...

Now THAT'S the one I need. I was just picking up rusty nails yesterday. I keep the empty paint cans for putting debris in. Now i have 3 or 4 empty paint can around the property for that very purpose. Every time it rains, or DH uses his Kubota, more debris surfaces.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Monty has been working on the new property when he can. He now has the sewer installed and both new bath tubs are in. He spend yesterday afternoon finishing the back splash in the kitchen, the counters are installed and anchored down. He will be able to install the faucet in the kitchen when he finishes the grouting. things are moving along but at a slower pace. We will get there!!!!!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Update time:

It's hard to get an idea of how far we have come with words alone. I almost forget what the place looked like when we bought it. The living room is 95% complete. It's waiting for carpet, linoleum in the entry, and baseboard.

Here is before:

DSC02289.JPG
DSC02294.JPG

and now:

DSC02437.JPG

The laundry room is 99% complete.Just needs baseboard and two pieces of laminate.

Before:

DSC02293.JPG

Now:

DSC02438.JPG

Next post will be the kitchen...

Latest posts