New property owners again

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We are getting down to the wire. Still a lot to get done, it's the little things that add up and makes it look like a lot is left to do.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are getting down to the wire. Still a lot to get done, it's the little things that add up and makes it look like a lot is left to do.
It is the little things that make all the long hard work look 'finished' and home-ly. That is where you shine, Dew. I can see a lot of 'finishing touches' that are not MontyJ's ideas. Gonna be great!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Smart Red So true!!!! I have some shopping to do in the next few weeks. I hate the idea of spending more money, but we have never had 2 bath rooms before so I have to decorate one. I have some stuff for one, but it will get the little odd and end items I have never gotten around to buying. :D

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Latest update:

Another milestone is nearly here. I started on the new electrical service today; well actually yesterday when I started digging the ditch for the new service entrance cable. The ditch is dug and much of the new conduit is ran. I also set the post and mounted the meter base and service disconnect. I should have the rest of the service done tomorrow and be ready to call the inspector on Monday. Fingers crossed that the electric will be on by the end of this week.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Electric service is done.

8 foot 200 pound railroad tie
8' of 3" schedule 80 pipe
8' of 2" schedule 80 pipe
105' of 2" schedule 40 pipe
various connectors, and clamps
105' of 4/0-4/0-2/0-4 mobile home feeder cable
2- 8' x 5/8" ground rods
12' of #4 solid copper
ground bus, ground clamps
misc pieces and parts
combination meter base/200 service disconnect with 4 additional spaces

Total cost around $600

This really infuriates me. The only reason I had to upgrade the entire electrical system is because the WV code will no longer allow URD cable. Back in the day URD is all that was used and is still a perfectly acceptable cable. The problem? URD cable does not have a flame resistant jacket. Are you kidding me?? It's in conduit for Pete's sake! My argument is that if something has gone so wrong that your worried about the jacket on the service feeder catching fire, you have a lot bigger problem already.

URD is still used across the country, but the geniuses in WV have determined that if your mobile home catches fire, you certainly don't want the service feeder burning too. Gosh, that might cause more extensive damage! Brilliant.

I need fire resistant underwear, 'cause this just burns my britches!

Anyway, sorry about that. That little rant came out of nowhere. I guess having to spend $600 for something stupid like that gets to me.

I'm ready for the electrical inspector now.

@MontyJ You Rock... is there anything you can not do?

Yep. I can't crochet, or cook eggs without breaking the yolk. But as Red said, that's why I have Dew ;)

The electrical service was easy though. I mean, I am an electrician, sooo...

Latest posts