ONE, and only ONE! :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Collector said:
It's not hard to tell your from Idaho Thistle haha.
Here's a recent photo, after I cleaned up.
active-adventures-mrs-potato-head.jpg

bluelacedredhead

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Squash. They add many shapes and colours to ones garden. And they can be eaten fresh or fried when young, then in breads, cakes, muffins, pies or just Squashed with butter! Versatile and Vivacious!;)

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Marshall! Steve! Corn is such a feminine plant. And it doesn't produce anything heavy! How can you two sit there and choose corn over winter squash?

:yuckyuck

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'd grow sunflowers, 'cause they're pretty, they are sooooo easy to grow, and they could provide food for the family and for the chickens, who then provide even more food for the humans. Oh, and they make great barter items at the farmer's market.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think if I ever got sick or became an invalid, the only crop would be a mixed bunch of Amaranths and Quinoa. Alls ya have to do to grow those is spill the seeds, sit on a chair, and squirt water on them.

Course, to harvest it, ya need to cut the tops off with pruners, plop them in grocery sacks, dry them some, shake and rattle them all up, then winnow it...guess I'd have to have my nurse help me do that part if I ever get into that kind of shape.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would grow tomatoes. They're my favorite scent in the garden -- I love how their leaves smell. One of my favorite things to do is tie up tomatoes ... simply because of their scent. :)
Of course, there are struggles w/ them, so my gardening life would not be without challenges.

If I couldn't grow tomatoes, I'd grow cucumbers. I LOVE growing cuc's! I have more issues growing cucs than I do growing tomatoes. Too many cucumber beetles here, that do my vines in, and then the grasshoppers hit us.

And if I couldn't grow either of those, I'd grow KALE! A nutrient dense food that actually GROWS well for me!! :)

Latest posts