Painted Mountain Corn

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Okay, it sounds like if I ever do get any corn to grow, it would be easiest to try the soaking/blender method first. There are people here who bought the old jail in the next town over and converted it into a grist mill, but I don't think you can show up with a handful of corn and ask them to grind it :p.

They do sell locally grown and freshly ground wheat flour, which is great! I guess they offer cornmeal sometimes too.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am amazed that enough people grow their own wheat or corn to warrant starting a grist mill now. Delighted, but amazed. I hope they make a success of it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
More Power To Them!

I noticed where they organized that WA State University "Kneading Conference:" Mt. Vernon, WA. That's about 300 miles from the WSU main campus!

Their main campus is right in the middle of thousands of acres of wheat! Hmmm, I'm trying to understand the wisdom of going over to the Wet-side of WA to talk to people about flour . . .

Well anyway, things like this should be where people are and if the local farmers want to grow a crop that has been hijacked by the "Global Food Processing and Commodities Trading Industry," they should.

Steve

Latest posts