Perennial Shade Plant Suggestions Needed

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
NOT quite ready, yet. Gotta clean up the sticks, maybe clean up some metal--the last owners did some indiscriminate burning--then the old grind, dig up the used up clay, amend with compost and treat with Preen. I'll be working there mid week and I'll post pictures, so that you know when the ground is ready. Thanks!!!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Exactly what I was going to say when I was rudely interrupted by a barfing dog. By the time I got the chickens locked in and the eggs collected, Nyboy had already answered.
Gee NYboy, don't you close your eyes when you sleep?
I turn off the lights and close my eyes, so I can't see the sheets anyway...

I had a client that ironed her sheets :confused:..........please tell me you don't do that.
No, he doesn't, but his are ironed for him.

Both of my BFFs still iron their sheets.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess I betrayed my peasant roots. Mom never ironed our sheets...actually big sis and I did almost all the ironing now that I think of it, at a nickel per piece.
I might have gotten a teensy belligerent if the sheets had been in the pile too.

But our sheets are hung on the line, and that makes for the sweetest dreams!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does anyone besides me have only 1 set of sheets? I strip the bed, wash and dry the sheets, and put them back on. I don't need more.

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wasted linens taking up useful space, Nyboy. Bed linens need to be used, hung outside, and stored for only a short time. I would think three sets (I have two) of bed sheets should be enough to keep the fresh smell of outdoors and bring pleasant dreams such as Thistle and I experience.

I'm betting you only recirculate three sets anyway. The other sets are musting in the closet. Before you would want to use the bottom of the pile, you'd want them washed anyway.

Latest posts