Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, your marigolds look like they are ready to party -- so gay and bright! At my place, I don't think I could get a photo of sedum without gads of butterflies all around. Yours are beautiful. Mine are well past their prime right now. Even the butterflies have deserted them. I suppose someone will need to clean up the sedum bed soon. Sigh!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think they (the Autumn Joy Sedum) make for good structural interest through winter, even when they're all brown and dead. I wouldn't hurry to clean them out, @Smart Red .

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
o.k. waiting patiently....:caf

Here it is. Shaped kinda like a big, round pumpkin. A little taller than they are wide. I'm hoping they'll get a little bigger since they seem to still be green and growing. The second one is the biggest, but it looks like something took a few nibbles out of it.

IMGP0609_web.jpg IMGP0613_web.jpg

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is a pic taken earlier in the year when I went to Scotland- a thistle-type flower, I can't remember the name!

That's Mountain Bluet, (Centaurea montana ).
I have them and they are pretty happy to reseed all over. I can send you some seed or volunteers next year if you like.

eta- Oh, oops, I see Steve already answered that. Sorry. :oops:

Last edited:

Latest posts