Poor Daddy

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He seems to be doing good!! He's cranky because he cant smoke, but he will be ok. My dad was very active before all of this happened. He told me the other day he's ready to go home!!!! Yeah right! I want to see that.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hugsSo sorry for your Daddy's slip.:hugs It is tougher to take care of our parents :love than it ever was taking care of our children. I am pleased :clapto hear that his outlook is good. Good health and a good outlook provide the best chance for a good return to normal. Hugs! You both are in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My dad fights with me every time he winds up in the hospital:barnie. This is nothing new between us. He knows he has to stay put until the Dr says he can go home. I think he argues with me to break up the boredom :D:he Only thing is he got pneumonia being there and being immobile. Yes it is a little concern about his age, but since he cant move right now he is more likely to get it. I was more freaked out about the broken hip than the pneumonia. They are moving him to rehab tomorrow :D :celebrateHe is ornery!!!! And keeps the nurses entertained and on their toes.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Carol Dee Yes it will get him back up and moving again.....He hates not being able to fend for him self. If I try to help him do anything he yells at me and makes me stop. So while he is getting better, I will go up to his place and clean it up for him.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

I have to be. When he gets home he will be crabby again and try to do everything for himself. His dishes will be done, clothes washed and things picked up. I can hear him now, you didnt have to do that. My response will be, I know that, but it's done now stop yelling. :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have to be. When he gets home he will be crabby again and try to do everything for himself. His dishes will be done, clothes washed and things picked up. I can hear him now, you didnt have to do that. My response will be, I know that, but it's done now stop yelling. :D
Funny how we communicate with those we love. I know he loves you and is fighting to hold onto his younger self. Growing old can be scary and oh so frustrating. Hang in there. :hugs

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee Yes it will get him back up and moving again.....He hates not being able to fend for him self. If I try to help him do anything he yells at me and makes me stop. So while he is getting better, I will go up to his place and clean it up for him.
I did that for my MIL while she was waiting at the hospital to bring her ill son home. Fearing a visit from Social Services might bring a frown or two at the occasional cob web and dust bunnies behind and under furniture (she was 89 YO). All that work -- scrubbing on my hands and knees, washing walls, ceilings, fixtures and curtains -- went unnoticed by MIL when she returned home. Her only comment was on the fact that someone "moved her curtains" so she new I'd been in the house.:he

Latest posts