Poor Daddy

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
You could be right, @Nyboy.

Once, as MIL was going into surgery, DH leaned over, kissed her cheek and said, "I love you". MIL looked a bit shocked then muttered, "Um, me, too".

It took years and years of hard work by moi to get DH to freely say those three words. I suspect his sisters were nearly as shocked to hear him say that as Mom was.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dew, so sorry about your Daddy. I hope he heals fast and can get on with his life. Broken hips can be bad but it sounds like he won't let this keep him down for long.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dew, so sorry about your Daddy. I hope he heals fast and can get on with his life. Broken hips can be bad but it sounds like he won't let this keep him down for long.

Thanks Baymule!!!! I sure hope he doesnt let this get him down, every time I walk into his room, he looks at me and tells me to go home. :/ Hopefully he gets his chest x ray today and finally get moved to rehab. He has pneumonia now..... so his rehab has been postponed.... one step forward and three back.
They did get him up and walking yesterday though. :D

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's always important to get people ambulatory after surgery. I've took many for those walks when I worked the 3 years in Physical Therapy...as a tech.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
At 92 my grandmother on mothers side fell. In the ER she was told her hip was broken and she would have to stay. She threw such a fit because she didn't have any makeup on. I had to run to the store and buy her some. The lady at makeup counter had pitty on me and was a great help.

That will be my mom someday! If I pop in for a visit at 7pm, she will run to put makeup on. Nevermind that I am not wearing any either! LOL :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your dad's injury, @dewdropsinwv . :hugs You might be surprised how quickly he may bounce back, especially at his relatively young age. My great-grandmother broke her hip in her 80's and was back up and moving around the house doing most of her housework after a few weeks.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
He's doing pretty good today. His Dr ordered a CT scan to see how his pneumonia is doing, if his lungs are clear he will be moved this evening or in the morning to rehab. The Dr said he doesnt see an signs of pneumonia on the x rays, but the radiologist says there is???? Who knows, so I'm guessing the Ct scan will confirm or deny any question. I will find out for sure tonight what is going on. Thank you everyone. I'm hoping he recovers pretty quick.... he is cranky. He's not used to being laid up like this..... it's really getting to him.

Latest posts