Rudy, the survivor

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Kassaundra indeed we have visited on byh about rabbits. how are yours doing? i have yet to get any, still waiting for the right time. am glad rudy will have his own special friend, hopes she likes a man who is a lean mean fighting machine
@ninnymary I'm a full time farm girl with goats, lamanchas for milking, sheep, chickens, ducks, a steer and a pig who will be going to freezer camp soon. keeps me off the streets and out of trouble, mostly anyway.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@goatgurl, do you get a steer and a pig every spring for fall butchering? I am planning to get 1 or 2 piglets this spring. I've never had them before and will need HELP before setting things up. Someone down the road just got several holstein bull calves. I remember raising a couple of those together with the neighbor. If I decided to add a calf, I'll be calling on you for additional help.

NOTE: Sorry Kasaundra and Rudy. I didn't mean to take over Rudy's thread this way.

goatgurl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Smart Red i usually get a couple of piggies every spring and buthcher them in the fall and the steer i actually traded for. i had two western saddles that i didn't use any more and some friends had the calf and needed saddles so we traded. he is an angus/jersey cross and will be here till next fall. i like to butcher them when they are about 18 months old and are just grass fed. i share it with my family and only butcher a beef every other year, can some, freeze some and share some. Holsteins are suppose to be good beef too. I've had Holstein/angus crosses and they were good

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@goatgurl, do you get a steer and a pig every spring for fall butchering? I am planning to get 1 or 2 piglets this spring. I've never had them before and will need HELP before setting things up. Someone down the road just got several holstein bull calves. I remember raising a couple of those together with the neighbor. If I decided to add a calf, I'll be calling on you for additional help.

NOTE: Sorry Kasaundra and Rudy. I didn't mean to take over Rudy's thread this way.
If Rudy is going to live w/ a female he needs to learn about conversation detours! lol lol lol I do not mind at all.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
here's hoping she finds him attractive and will help keep him warm at night! all those fluffy feathers i'm sure he'll find her attractive!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: Aunt Red wasn't invited to the nuptials?:lol:

:epI suspect you're covering up for Rudy by calling his new mating opportunities a wedding, but I know about fowl. Open and transparent as Rudy appears, he's still a rooster at heart.:hugs

Latest posts