Rudy, the survivor

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh he has a wondering eye same as any other roo, but he will only have her as an opportunity since they will be penned together away from the flock. For both their protection.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't have pics of her yet, but have been supervising the introduction. Rudy isn't a big boy, but she is tiny. She is in molt so not as pretty as she soon will be, but I think she is going to be quite attractive.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Rudy's lady is named Thumbelina, but we are calling her Bella for short. I hope to get some pics today. Have a story from today, but not for the squeamish read at your own risk. For those who chose not to read, don't worry Rudy and Bella are just fine.

Oh I can't find the hide the text like is on Byc. So don't read any further here comes the story

I feed offal from processing to the flock. Well today I took some of the squishier parts and small parts aside for Rudy and Bella since she is so tiny I didn't want any big or hard parts like gizzard in their portion. (I have to admit I saved out a teste just for her, perverse I know, but poetic justice for the ladies). I wasn't sure what to expect since she is so tiny and so fluffy and so stuffed animal like, but as soon as I put it down she was all about it!!!!! At one point she had some blood speckles on that dainty little beak of hers.
She may have the look of a teddy bear, but she has the heart of a Dragon!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Rudy's new outfit looks like pajamas or Henley shirts -- warmth without bulk. I like it. I also like the freedom at Rudy's arms. Is he getting more used to his clothing or does he still try to remove it? He looks pretty comfortable here.

Bella is a lovely young lady. She seems to behave rather coy -- except for meal times -- and I'm sure Rudy will soon be smitten with her. He certainly looks like he's doing some posturing beside her.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a lovely couple! Bella is a cutie! Also love Rudy's new outfit, dinosaur printed thermals are the "in" thing for naked roosters this fall!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wasn't expecting the new outfit - nearly made a mess of my coffee.
You are getting GOOD at making these. LOVE the little shorts!!!!

Bella is a beauty! And what a great 'odd couple' they make.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I bet he is using his tail preening oil on his naked skin.....to keep it from drying out. You mentioned that he still tries to preen himself.

Cute couple by the way. She doesn't seem put off by a naked b/f ;)

The Emperors New Clothes ...he is something else!!

Latest posts