Santa delivered, so ..?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gyms get most of their memberships between January and April. After that people start trailing off. I personally feel it's more of a mind set. You have to want and believe in what you do. I always tell people to cut/eat only half of their meals. You can lose weight just by watching portion control but it will not be easy. You have to reach a point in your life where you say enough is enough. Only then will you be able to change your lifestyle and eating habits. We need to worry or think more about our health than how our bodies look. I know I have a small pouch but also know that I am very healthy and strong, so I try to focus on that even though society tells me that I have a big belly.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy We have a planet Fitness in Davenport, About an 8 mile drive. Not far. But hard to make time in a day to drive, work out, drive. Can't really fit it in between bus route and lunch job and between Lunch and bus. :( Then there is the problem of limited physical ability. I do not move well. Walking can hurt like the dickens. So a tread mill is out. I was told by a Dr. and a physical therapist. No sit ups or even crunches! I do need to strengthen my core so planking was suggested. Sure wish me feet, toes and ankles would allow that! :rantThe proverbial Catch 22. :( So the hope is as I lose weight it will be less painful to move. Then I can try walking longer distances. Maybe even get on a bicycle again!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gyms get most of their memberships between January and April. After that people start trailing off. I personally feel it's more of a mind set. You have to want and believe in what you do. I always tell people to cut/eat only half of their meals. You can lose weight just by watching portion control but it will not be easy. You have to reach a point in your life where you say enough is enough. Only then will you be able to change your lifestyle and eating habits. We need to worry or think more about our health than how our bodies look. I know I have a small pouch but also know that I am very healthy and strong, so I try to focus on that even though society tells me that I have a big belly.

Mary
Yes @ninnymary I HAVE to want to do this. I may have finally hit Rock Bottom. My Blood Pressure and Cholesterol are borderline. No Diabetes YET. With recent deaths in the family I decided I HAVE to take care of MYSELF. My feet, ankles and hips and sometimes my knees complain bitterly about the extra weight too. I will never be able to wear a skimpy swim suit or close fitting clothes. There will be excess baggage from all those years of carrying the extra pounds. But I KNOW I will feel better and be healthier. It is time. My Time.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, have you ever tried a stationary bike? I know I keep yammering on about biking in different threads, but it really is a good way to build fitness and muscle without weight bearing to hurt your feet. You could start with just a few minutes a day and build up as your body gets used to it.

My sis has a lot of pain in her knees and feet. She picked up an exercise bike at a thrift store for $7. She started pedaling and was so delighted to see some muscle definition start to show up around her knees and noticed a big difference in her ability to get around with less pain. She desperately needs a double knee replacement and foot surgery, so I can empathize with the pain you feel.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay! Carol! I'm so proud of you for coming to that realisation and wanting to do something about it. With your attitude, I know you will succeed. I'm always seeing videos of people on wheelchairs, without arms or legs and doing amazing exercises. You can do it!

I know a lot about nutrition and working out. If you ever need help, just pm me.

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol i have to spend you a pair of socks I discovered !!!!!!! Your feet will bless you.
Oh How I wish a pair of socks would fix it. :( Long story short - my flat feet have become very unstable. Ligament and tendons all out of whack. Achilles tendon stretched out. They have said I could have a surgery to rebuild my foot/feet, shorten Achilles, etc... LONG surgery , longer recovery time. No guarantees. So I wear special shoes, an custom orthotic in right shoe and a lacer/boot in my left shoe. So..... the plan is to try to lose enough weight to lesson the stress and relieve some pain.

Latest posts