Santa delivered, so ..?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Heavens!

Nearly ten and Twenty pounds in less than 3 weeks!!

I'm happy to lose 15# over 6 months! And, not gain it back over the next 6 ...

Mine are baby steps! I mean, here I'm walking a mile, 30 minutes, in the house! Yesterday, thanks to this conversation, I put down the tablet, and walked it twice!

I was also thinking how I like to cheat. l was up at the hospital yesterday. I park in a special place where I can pretend that I'm getting all this exercise. I used to say it was my walking exercise for a wintry outdoors. Six blocks, straight uphill!

The thing is, I take the elevators. Walking down a flight of stairs might be possible but, I'm not up to walking up ... let's see, something like 10 flights!! I'd collapse before I got up three!

Steve
I want to be like Rocky! (Mike retired.)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, thanks to you, I passed on a doughnut and my favorite ice-cream while grocery shopping. I try to cut back but it was too the point that I was eating ice-cream every day! If it's not in the house, I won't eat it. You have motivated me to do better!

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, thanks to you, I passed on a doughnut and my favorite ice-cream while grocery shopping. I try to cut back but it was too the point that I was eating ice-cream every day! If it's not in the house, I won't eat it. You have motivated me to do better!

Mary

:)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have walked 3 miles each of the last two days. Two of those miles on each day were outdoors.

I was telling DD that the outdoor walks were "dangerous." She wanted to know why. Well, 1/3rd of the distance was covered half way into the middle of the street or forced over on the ice when a car goes by. Actually, it's more like 99% of the walk is like that.

We had dinner with DD, yesterday. She lives in a fairly new house but in an old neighborhood. The route we took is all on sidewalks and some of the sidewalks are over 100 years old. We like to point out children and pet footprints, made long ago. Most of the houses around a park a mile away are nicer bungalows and interesting to see. The park has large sycamore and oak trees. There are children and squirrels ...

Motivated to go these extra two miles, I've decided to call this the " @Carol Dee Walk." I especially enjoy it and will post some pictures sometimes.

:) Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Way to Go @digitS' :) I am finding it hard to walk 2 city blocks yet. :( Between foot and hip pain. Argh. So... here is hoping as I loose weight they hurt less and I can up my distance. Now to drag out the stationary bike. ;) Be careful on those slick walks, getting up is not easy once I am down. :confused:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow Steve, that's pretty far. Good for you! Since I crept back up to 125lbs. I've been watching my portions and trying to cut out sweets. I've lost 2lbs. in about a week. Hoping I can keep it going. But I sure miss my ice-cream and chocolate chip cookies! :(

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Again, remember baby steps, Carol Dee.

I realized that I didn't get like this in a few days and I wouldn't get to a proper weight in a few days.

When I started preparing for retirement my last year I did a little bit each day and just a little bit more the day after. Gradually, after nine months I was amazed at how much change a little bit a day made in my health.

I'm sure that if I had started with expectations of fast results I would have tired of the effort and given up long before the school year was up.

Know that I will be cheering you on from South-est, central-est Wisconsin with prayers, positive thoughts, and anything else I can think to do.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol, how are your arms? Are you able to lift them up over your head? If so, sit on a chair, get a spaghetti jar in your hand, and extend your arm fully over your head. I would do a set of 10 on each arm. Do this 3 times a week.

Mary

Latest posts