Sneak Preview... =0

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just to clarify the 14.5 hands high thing ... in reality one hand in horses is divided by 4 only so in this case 58" dived by 4 = 14.5 however one should start the count at 14 h. ... ie : 14 h, 14.1 h , 14.2 h , 14.3 h , then 15 h , 15.1 h , 15.2 h, 15.3 h, 16 h etc. ... so by listing 14.5 h in reality it should be considered to be 15.1 hands. Ponys are listed at 14 h or under, that is unless they are a x bred between a horse X pony, and still are called a pony. The there is the age , sex, and color thing too. New borns to 6 month olds are foals ( colt or filly ), 6 month olds are weanling colts, geldings ( castrated colts often between 7 months to 3 years of age), fillys, 1 year olds are yearling colts, .geldings ( castrated colts) , fillies , 2 years of age are 2 year old colts, geldings or fillies , 3 years of age are 3 year old. colts , geldings or fillies, 4 years of age and up are stallions , geldings or mares. ( Age may be often added too) . Bay ( brown with dark main and tail with black on legs, Chestnut ( red ) , Grey ( expressing a modifier gene from bay or chestnut to turning to various shades of white), Buckskin ( diluting gene to change bay color to a lighter shade) , Palomino ( diluting gene to express the red to golden with white main and tail ), then there are the Paint and Pinto coloration with various amounts of body white coloration, Appaloosa ( body color pattern modifiers), etc. :frow
"A horse is a horse, of course, of course........"

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's an Abyssinian guinea pig. :)
I have 6 sows I still need to re-home before winter. They live outside 24/7.

Hummmmmm ... .
My sister was JUST saying the other day how much she missed her 'piggie' an how much she wanted another one.......

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember having a Guinea pig when my children were young. Montezuma was his name. He would roll around the house in his clear ball, stopping just before he hit a chair leg or table. Such a sweet pet!

And, no, I wouldn't eat him.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's why I got them, bred like crazy, had over 40 all of a sudden, but when I had to put down a sick pig, it turned out way too tricky to do it fast and humane....So, I don't think I'll have any for dinner for awhile.

Latest posts