Start of the Panel Greenhouse!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago I accompanied a friend who was shopping for a stallion to breed her mare to. We visited several farms, but one in particular was extravagantly fancy, with crystal chandeliers hanging in the barn alleyway.
I felt horribly under dressed to be walking around in there in jeans and t-shirt. :rolleyes:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I feel bad for high-jacking Secuono's thread...
sEm_oops2[1].gif

Sec - what ever happened with that greenhouse? Did you get it going?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Years ago I accompanied a friend who was shopping for a stallion to breed her mare to. We visited several farms, but one in particular was extravagantly fancy, with crystal chandeliers hanging in the barn alleyway.
I felt horribly under dressed to be walking around in there in jeans and t-shirt. :rolleyes:
Both of my horses came from fancy dancy barns. The mare was free and I paid a small rehoming fee for my gorgeous gelding. (He's related to Secretariat and Spectacular Bid) He really loves kids. I almost didn't take him because I was so intimidated by the gorgeous facilities. I said. "I don't know if my barn is good enough for him." A young woman riding there over heard me and said," A horse does not care what kind of barn they live in. I once kept a horse in an old shed." How silly was I to think the horse would be a snob about my old warm, dry barn.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, Mary, that is too much! I love it and it fits your coop.

I had a nice warm shelter for my mare, but she foaled outside in a thunderstorm rather than the dry inside. I woke up the nest morning to hear my son yelling something about a giraffe in the horse pen.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red, I saw it on craigslist and drove 45 minutes to get it. I think I paid $55 for it which was a good price. Everything was around $75 and not nearly as pretty. I sweet talked my husband into going with me by claiming we were going on a date, driving through the country side. :cool:

Mary

Latest posts