Thanksgiving Dinner And 3 Firetrucks

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
i am so sorry and happy that no one was hurt and they caught it in time....... time to have someone look over the house wiring...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
sFun_doh2.gif

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy got ask who rewired your kitchen? while out run into one of my electrical mentors asked him about your problem, his best guess is either the wires where not tightened all the way on the outlet or wrong gauge wire....highly doubtful it was the plug unless it was not the original plug and the wires again were not tighten..

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy got ask who rewired your kitchen? while out run into one of my electrical mentors asked him about your problem, his best guess is either the wires where not tightened all the way on the outlet or wrong gauge wire....highly doubtful it was the plug unless it was not the original plug and the wires again were not tighten..
So maybe you can get paid for some of the repairs if the fire Marshall says it was the wiring!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
He was licensed because I remember someone from city hall had to inspect before work could continue. Not only was kitchen rewired but fuse box was changed. Went from old glass fuses to switches. It was a special wall out let ,
thanksgiving 313.JPG
box not regular kind

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
That seems to be a 'regular' kind for electric appliances. We recently had our remote start for the dust collector start a fire like that. This week I learned the item had a recall for being built with one too small wire causing at least nine other fires as well.

So happy that you were there. Imagine starting something in the stoveoven and going out for ice or chips to find those three fire trucks watching your home burn to the ground. It was actually a very good day for you, my friend.

Latest posts