Thanksgiving Dinner And 3 Firetrucks

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree with @Smart Red Good you where able to get it out FAST. Our fire happened when we where not home. Lost everything in kitchen and tons of smoke and water damage to rest of house. That looks like a pretty simple fix. Hope you have better insurance company than the one for the kennel!

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy sent your photo off to a county inspector and a better electrical person, both replied..
1. the outlet should have never been able to pass code being installed horizontal, but should have been installed vertical a minimal of 15" off the floor.
being bent at a shape angle broke the plastic insulation and caused a short.
2. defective breaker.
3. the most probability cause was loss wire<s>

both advised to have the same electrical contractor to come out to make it right....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
what has me puzzled is why the breaker did not trip at the first sign of a short? hence what they said "defective breaker" the average coil top stoves need a 40-50 amp breaker. anything over that might not felt the overload...till to late..

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was surprized to over breaker I always thought that was a safety that would shut power off BEFORE a fire. Good thing nephew hit breaker before I started throwing water on fire.

Latest posts