Thanksgiving!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are hosting Thanksgiving at our house. It would be us, DD and family, seven people. So, we invited neighbors that have no family here, they have 3 boys and her sister lives with them, maybe his Dad will come too. Count is up to 13, possibly 14. DD has neighbors with no family here, they have 2 girls, count is up to 17, if other neighbor's Dad comes, 18. Invited a friend on BYH that just moved to Texas from Colorado. Add one more!

Our dining area barely holds a small breakfast table. Living room is small too. Good thing we added that big porch! We have an outdoor table that seats 6 and today we set up 2 folding tables that will seat 12, using a church pew on one side. There is a small picnic table under trees in front of the house, figure kids might want to eat there. So it looks like we'll be able to seat everybody. It is supposed to be sunny with temps in the mid 60's. It's been hot until now, cold front blew in and getting a freeze tonight. If I have to, I'll wrap the porch in plastic to keep the wind off.

I'm cooking a ham from our pig, gonna glaze it with maple syrup. Also cooking a hash brown casserole, sweet potato casserole, carrot salad, deviled eggs, pumpkin pies, pound cake and I'll have blueberry topping in the crock pot, think I'll make home made rolls. DD and DSIL are cooking the turkey and dressing. Don't expect our neighbors to bring anything, she just had kidney stone surgery and she is spending her days in her recliner. DD's neighbors are bringing snacks for grazing on before the meal. I'm going to make home made eggnog.

Today my husband and I did some clean up, bagged up feed sacks, trash and general crap. We did a lot of straightening up and getting ready for company. This is going to be fun!

We are thankful that God cleared the way for us to find this place. We are thankful that God provided us with cash buyers for our previous home and land. We are thankful to be so close to our DD and her family. We are thankful for our 3 grand daughters and we have so much fun with them. We are thankful for our health that allows us to be active, outside working on our little farm. We are thankful to have such wonderful friends and neighbors and to live in such a friendly community. And most of all, we are thankful that God is in our life.

Love to all of you,
BJ and Dana

What are ya'll having for Thanksgiving and what are you thankful for?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am THANKFUL for you. :hugs
Our group will be a bit smaller this year. The Grandsons will be with the exDIL. So it will be DH, myself, 2 sons, 1 son's girlfriend, Sister and BIL two nephews and girlfriends plus MIL. A total of 12.
I prepare the turkey, stuffing, potatoes and a hot vegetable. Sis brings pies. Mom brings rolls and salad, Nephew providing pickles and relishes. Trying to keep it simple.
I am also thankful for my wonderful husband of 40 years, sons and Grandsons. A job I actually like! My home and extended family. And this fabulous TEG family :love

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
thankful that dad and brother found time to come visit for a couple days and thankful for good friend....
it's going to be the four of us for dinner..
will be dusting off the smoker will be using apple chips first then bourbon soaked hickory chips to finish..
12 lbs brined bird
6 lbs injected breast
8 lbs boston butt
mash potatoes
roasted white and golden beets.
stove top stuffing
gravy
deviled eggs
jumbo olives
home made bread
apple pie yes miss smith is coming over
vanilla ice cream

no we wont eat all of that at one time, lots will be frozen for later meals/soups. but again have 4 days off who knows......could be a stretchy pant weekend.:lol:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanksgiving week is one of my busiest weeks. With that said my nephew asked if he could do Thanksgiving dinner for his son and baby's mother. He has really made some big changes pasted 2 years. This child he sees all the time. I want to do any to support this change. I said as long as I don't have to do anything. I did offer to have dinner delivered(cafe in town does great Thanksgiving) He wants to do all himself. He is inviting several friends who don't have family nearby

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanksgiving week is one of my busiest weeks. With that said my nephew asked if he could do Thanksgiving dinner for his son and baby's mother. He has really made some big changes pasted 2 years. This child he sees all the time. I want to do any to support this change. I said as long as I don't have to do anything. I did offer to have dinner delivered(cafe in town does great Thanksgiving) He wants to do all himself. He is inviting several friends who don't have family nearby
I am so proud of him. :hugs give him a huge hug from me :hugs

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bay, it's up to 15 nowl. I'm coming over!

It will be just my husband and I, our daughter and son in law, our 2 grandkids, my other daughter, and son. Son will be cooking 2 ducks and cooking potatoes in duck fat. One daughter is bringing a vegetable dish, and the other one is making a cheese platter. I'll also make some type of salad, rolls, deviled eggs, and we'll have pate on baguettes. It's just basically my family but it is so nice to have dinner and spend time together.

As we get older, we really appreciate all that we have. So thankful for all the riches and blessings that we have.

Mary

Latest posts