Thanksgiving!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We don't look forward to these next 2 holidays....I am the last one in my family line. My parents, daughter and last to go is my sister. Hubby is not close to his family at all.

We always did the holidays. Last year I made a very very special meal of my canned turkey, my gravy made with my saved turkey fat and my broth, My home canned potatoes and veggies along with stuffing...It was very very pleasant.

We always made sure everyone we knew had company with them or we had them as company at our house. Now we are in that situation. We are alone...Guess everyone thinks, because we have each other we don't need other company....

This year we will make a ham just because we have one...and a small amount of fixings with it. We will eat in the living room.

And then we have to get over the next holiday....we may take a ride on both holidays if the weather permits....
For many years I was in that situation, just my husband and I. I hated Thanksgiving. Now I have my 3 grown children, 2 grandkids, and son in law. I love Thanksgiving now. I am surrounded by my loved ones. I always try to think if there is anyone that needs to go some place so that I can invite them. But so far no one. I've thought of Marshall but he lives about an hour and a half and I don't think he would come since he doesn't know us.

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
imslow[1].gif

Did you ever figure out what the tiny dish was for? Maybe sugar cubes????

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today is the day my mom died, tomorrow the day my best friend and business partner died. Not one of my favorite holidays any more.
Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of Dad's death. We miss him everyday. Our family has a way of passing right before or on holidays. Grandpa E Dec. 17th, Great Grandma died on Christmas day. Grandma E. Dec 22nd. (her funeral was Christmas eve.) Mom March 3 and Brother on March 24 (right before Easter.) Still we where able to find Joy. They where now with loved ones that went before them. Or Celebrating Christ's birthday in the perfect place. Sure we always shed a few tears but then had so good laughs remembering....

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of Dad's death. We miss him everyday. Our family has a way of passing right before or on holidays. Grandpa E Dec. 17th, Great Grandma died on Christmas day. Grandma E. Dec 22nd. (her funeral was Christmas eve.) Mom March 3 and Brother on March 24 (right before Easter.) Still we where able to find Joy. They where now with loved ones that went before them. Or Celebrating Christ's birthday in the perfect place. Sure we always shed a few tears but then had so good laughs remembering....

Well said.

Latest posts