Thanksgiving!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
It still seems to be my turn to 'do' Thanksgiving. Just the two youngest grands, their mom and dad, their aunt and grandparents on their mom's side. Smaller but family is family and there is plenty of love to go along with the meal.

It will be tougher getting through the holidays but having the grands living here is a big help.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It still seems to be my turn to 'do' Thanksgiving. Just the two youngest grands, their mom and dad, their aunt and grandparents on their mom's side. Smaller but family is family and there is plenty of love to go along with the meal.

It will be tougher getting through the holidays but having the grands living here is a big help.
:hugs

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The more, the merrier, Bay. Sounds like it will be a blast and I'm glad your weather is nice so the kids will have fun running around outdoors.

We'll watch the Macy's parade at home, then make our way down the hill to have turkey lunch at my MIL's. She likes to do it herself, so I don't have to bring anything there. Turkey dinner is at my sister's this year (as most years...would be best to have it at my Mom's though). My sister and my brother are feuding, so he and his girlfriend and my new baby nephew won't be there, which is a bummer.

I bought the turkey, but Mom will cook it and bring it. I feel sorry for her having to lug a 21# turkey out the door. My sister is making all the sides. Mom also will bring desserts. I am making homemade hot rolls and bringing drinks.

I am thankful my Dad is here with us for another year and that he's doing so well. :) I am thankful DH has the week off and it's cold enough to hang deer. Thankful for all my family and friends, my funny and sweet girls, my faithful husband who endures all my chickens, clutter, half-finished projects and the occasionally late supper because I got distracted working in the garden, my warm home, good health and all that God has blessed me with. <3

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We don't look forward to these next 2 holidays....I am the last one in my family line. My parents, daughter and last to go is my sister. Hubby is not close to his family at all.

We always did the holidays. Last year I made a very very special meal of my canned turkey, my gravy made with my saved turkey fat and my broth, My home canned potatoes and veggies along with stuffing...It was very very pleasant.

We always made sure everyone we knew had company with them or we had them as company at our house. Now we are in that situation. We are alone...Guess everyone thinks, because we have each other we don't need other company....

This year we will make a ham just because we have one...and a small amount of fixings with it. We will eat in the living room.

And then we have to get over the next holiday....we may take a ride on both holidays if the weather permits....

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just keeping it simple. Dad, my Sister and her husband, the renter and me. Dad likes all the traditional dishes - turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, etc, etc. And, of course dressing. By the way, I'm thankful to be from the part or the country where we know that stuffing is what's inside sofa cushions and dressing is the thick, heavy bread-ish side dish that is cut into squares. ;):)

Latest posts