The Any Wonderful Food You Made From Your Garden Today Thread!

herbsherbsflowers

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I made pico de gallo to go with tacos tonight. All ingredients of the pico were from the garden. It was especially yummy since it was my first ripe tomato. YAY!

FarmerDenise

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
It's been to hot to cook. So we had a green salad every night. We harvested our first tomatoes, cherry tomatoes. I cut them in half to make them go further.
I dried the little wild plums, they came out good.
Our first Santa Rosa plums are ripe and ready to eat. No need to do anything with them, except try not to spill the juice on your clothes as you eat them straight from the tree.

kathyschix

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Mmmmm...this:

Thin crust white pizza with goat cheese, chard and kale

3673616110_1826c0e591_o.jpg

3673616224_1352b779d9_o.jpg

Black raspberry cobbler

3673615974_e775a18703_o.jpg

3672806371_7ea397004b_o.jpg

3672806231_d2e63eeac8_o.jpg

It looked so good I had to take a picture...or five...and then I ate it! :drool (Well not all of it!)

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Broccoli and cauliflower - and you're right, Catalina, so far there are few bugs, although tonight's harvest has teeny little cabbage worms finally. I think all this rain really kept them at bay. I harvested my last two cauliflowers and put them in the fridge, and dusted the broccoli with BT.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
OMG Kathy!!! please come over for dinner tomorrow... if you cook I will supply the ingredients!!!

I had some some chicken breasts with Franks red hot on the grill, with corn from the garden on the side for the hubby and kid. I had cucumbers and my first ripe cherry tomatoes. So far out of 7 cherry tomato plants, only my sweet 1000's have gotten close enough to ripen. They are SUPER sweet!!!

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We split Baby Zuchinis in half length wise after triming both ends, then brushed them with olive oil, salt, fresh cracked pepper, and then sprinkled them with dried basil and grilled them -awesome!! Also, opened a can of corn, to which I added chopped green pepper, onion, tomato, and broccoli -all from the garden- and stirred in a small amount of Dorothy Lynch dressing, what a salad!! So glad the garden is starting to feed us!! :)

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh My Kathy that Pizza looks heavenly :p yum and I have Blackberries I am thinking mixing with some of my rhubarb for a cobbler . Our Zucchini is getting there, no broccoli yet Brussels sprout are coming on. So may have some or cabbage with rotisserie chicken tomorrow night. I will update you and let you know.

:happy_flower Karan :D

Latest posts