The politics of food

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
It just seems so simple- I am not sure why people fight the idea....Thanks for sharing this, Hoodat.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It does seem simple, when you hear Joel talk about it. It interested that he mentioned needing articulate, educated farmers, because that's always amazed me about him, how articulate he is. I know people who are outspoken about their ideas often have enemies, but its so weird that that guy wouldnt bring him sawdust!!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
It just seems so simple- I am not sure why people fight the idea....Thanks for sharing this, Hoodat.
Simple ideas seem to be the hardest for those in power to grasp. The more complicated a policy is the more they are happy with it. We have to remember that most of them have a background in law where nothing is ever simple.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting article. Don't agree with some of his conclusions as he adds one and one and comes up with 3--teenage math.

I would love to see how many people he could get to turn their lawns into gardens and have a chicken house off of their kitchen. Not that it wouldn't be good, just not practical.

But it is interesting, some points are obviously true.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have seen posters from WWII that state having a few chickens in every yard- was the patriotic thing to do! Same for the victory garden, idea. Interesting how times change.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
Interesting article. Don't agree with some of his conclusions as he adds one and one and comes up with 3--teenage math.

I would love to see how many people he could get to turn their lawns into gardens and have a chicken house off of their kitchen. Not that it wouldn't be good, just not practical.

But it is interesting, some points are obviously true.
Actually I think quite a few people would jump at the chance to have a garden in front of the house and chickens in the back yard. Unfortunately most cities and towns have regulations forbidding it.

Latest posts