Today's sun set/rise around the world

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Almost sunrise, January 23, 2014 in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.
View attachment 722
Pretty shady. Guess you might say I have blue snow today.
Once the sun gets a bit higher in the sky all I can get for sunrise shots is the neighbor's property. I have windows toward the south, west, and north, but none to the east. That's the garage, the wood shop, and the other half of this once 60 acre farm (with the neighbor's house).
Very nice, I just love the blue/orange combo.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sort of same sunrise this morning 1/24/14 except the sun didn't come up in the East. All the color and light came from beneath a front of clouds due South as East was deep in cloud cover and stayed dark.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red, I bet your wooded lawn is so beautiful in the summer. I envy your trees! :D Other than one big, messy, tulip poplar and a few small fruit trees, I have no shade up here.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH has been playing PIONEER in the back woods these past three years. Taking the mess from impassable woods, weeds, and brambles so that it now looks almost park-like. This spring we have plans to start seeding a lawn, although, he has a few more smaller trees to grub out first. Of course, that means another hour or so of mowing for me. . sigh! It's over 3.5 hours of mowing now and gaining on me.

Perhaps I should start a thread with photos of this property I am so proud of.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please do! I thought in your pics of the snow-shoveled driveway (awhile back) that it looked like a park. You know how we love pictures. :thumbsup

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love seeing everyone's pretty yards with wonderful views. Sunrises and sunsets are obscured by neighbors. Only the city park out the front (to the north) is worth looking at. Today's sunrise was spectacular. But no camera as I was out on my a.m. bus route.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last night at work I had a awesome sunset opportunity, it was amazing colors and the Tulsa skyline in silloehette (sp spell check can't figure out what I'm trying to spell lol lol) but no pics, can't take a camera on the ambulance, or ask the sick if they mind us pulling over for a quick pic. lol lol

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DH snapped this sunrise photo recently while I was out on my chicken chores:
image.jpg

Latest posts