Tomato Pictures 2014

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
These were the biggest tomatoes I had this year. 'Delicious', a beefsteak type, juicy, meaty, always smooth skinned with absolutely no cat-facing, small seed cavity and a rich, classic red tomato flavor. Perfect for tomato sandwiches, but they also can well. There were 3 of these large ones on the same plant as well as several smaller. Wish I'd thought ahead to pinch a few of them to see if I could get one even bigger! Delicious holds the world record with a 7+ lb. tomato if I remember correctly.

IMGP7222_web.jpg IMGP7228_web.jpg IMGP7231_web.jpg

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hit SO SAD! :hit I could post a photo of my first tomatoes -- they're still on the counter -- but I would be shamed :hide and depressed :he to acknowledge them in public. There are a few bigger ones coming on that I may photograph.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
:hit SO SAD! :hit I could post a photo of my first tomatoes -- they're still on the counter -- but I would be shamed :hide and depressed :he to acknowledge them in public. There are a few bigger ones coming on that I may photograph.

Ah, but better than that: how do they taste? :drool Looks aren't everything, you know! ;)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes. My problem was the late start. They are growing and thriving, just behind everyone else. My sweetcorn just tassled and the ears are beginning to fill out. Late, late, late!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I wasn't worryed. I knew I planted the tomatoes later than I should have and I deliberately planted the sweet corn to avoid cross pollination with local field corn.

Next year I think I will plant an early corn crop and then save a few rows for a late/seed collecting planting that won't be effected by nearby corn pollen. I should'a been nibbling while ya'll were getting corn as well.

Latest posts