Tomato Pictures 2014

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Have you noticed how the earliest Early Girls are often heart-shaped? I think it is kinda true with some other varieties.

Maybe it has to do with limited seed development when the fruit began to set.

:) Steve

And here I thought it was just me. Not every plant or every year but seen it enough times to wonder.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My oxhearts suffered blight. Good to know about bull heart will definitely add it to the list.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hope I didn't cause too to 2nd guess the name. Autocorrect got me on my reply (thank you Apple products) and changed it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
These are Bloody Butchers ..!
IMG_20140809_091444.jpg

My understanding is that they are a fairly new variety from the Netherlands. By that I mean, they were a commercial and an open-pollinated variety about 50years ago.

They have lots of flavor. That's always how they are described, "lots of flavor for such an early variety." Bloody Butcher is usually the earliest non-cherry in my garden. I don't even have many cherries, yet!

The earliest beefsteak eaten was that red Kellogg's Breakfast that I'm hoping to stabilize. It was good but split. The 2nd one is also split ... it better stop that!

Anyway, nothing wrong with these tomatoes in the picture. Name ... DW dislikes the name rather intensely. Of course, she is a person who seldom will even taste beets and nearly has to close her eyes in the attempt. RARE steaks? Never!

Steve
having lunch with Bloody Butchers ..!

Miss Lydia

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
These are Bloody Butchers ..!View attachment 3900

My understanding is that they are a fairly new variety from the Netherlands. By that I mean, they were a commercial and an open-pollinated variety about 50years ago.

They have lots of flavor. That's always how they are described, "lots of flavor for such an early variety." Bloody Butcher is usually the earliest non-cherry in my garden. I don't even have many cherries, yet!

The earliest beefsteak eaten was that red Kellogg's Breakfast that I'm hoping to stabilize. It was good but split. The 2nd one is also split ... it better stop that!

Anyway, nothing wrong with these tomatoes in the picture. Name ... DW dislikes the name rather intensely. Of course, she is a person who seldom will even taste beets and nearly has to close her eyes in the attempt. RARE steaks? Never!

Steve
having lunch with Bloody Butchers ..!
Beautiful tomatoes.

Latest posts