Tomato Tease

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
A red tomato on the 4th of july?!?!?!?! If I ever saw that happen in MN I think I might question my sanity. Our tomatoes don't get red until August....maybe :idunno
Sounds about the same up here unless you babied a cherry tomato in the house starting in January. LOL

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
A red tomato on the 4th of july?!?!?!?! If I ever saw that happen in MN I think I might question my sanity. Our tomatoes don't get red until August....maybe :idunno
A friend of mine had some this time last year by using hoop houses. They were regular sized, not cherry, as well. I was very impressed. I did some pumpkins in my (new, inspired by him) hoop house this year, and they're looking okay, but nothing amazing.

Must continue to try!

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've had 3 ripe Cherokee Purples so far. They are new to me this year and I absolutely love them. They are big whoppers, my husband looks at his huge slice on his plate and he said "where is the rest of the tomato, I saw it, it was almost as big as a grapefruit". I say, "I don't know what happened to it" (licking my lips the whole time).

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha... Hangin' I'm so glad your husband eats them. My daughter and husband HATE tomatoes! I am stuck dealing with them all myself.

I have to can, make salsa and sauce to get to share them.

I found 2 Roma turning orange last night... HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joz

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've had DOZENS of ripe tomatoes (more than I know what to do with), and my plants are 9' tall and just about done for the summer. No new fruits in weeks. Except the one mystery volunteer, which is still kicking out YELLOW Juliet-shaped tomatoes. I'm starting my fall crop tomato seeds this afternoon.
:hide