Truck up date

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck:gig
way to get this back on track on the truck! @Nyboy any updates on when this mechanic will get this done by? or how much more it might cost you?

i keep driving by used car dealers on my way to work. been eye balling their stock of trucks in the hope of seeing my perfect one! i had to go to a mechanic for a check engine light last week and beside their garage was a junk/used auto dealership. they had a late 60's/early 70's Corvette sitting in front of a nice looking 70's royal blue Ford truck in really decent shape. not really the old truck i was looking for but it looked good for it's age. i imagine it wouldn't start if they tried if it had been sitting there too long. no price on it so i didn't want to ask-you probably know the saying 'if you have to ask you can't afford it.'

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickie remember the price is what the dealers starting point. Lots of room to bargain over price. Read once week before Christmas time to get best deal no one car shopping then. Dickie hottest thing in old trucks now is NOT to paint. Leave rust and put on some kind of seal coat.I am going to email shop this afternoon see how far it is. Chickie I am afraid of the bill, so never bring it up, when emailing shop, I just keep telling myself its a forever truck. The guy doing all the work told me if I needed I could make monthly payments.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, I had a 1979 blue Ford pickup ...

& and a 1974 green Ford pickup ...

& and a 1966 white Ford pickup ...

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a '71 half ton. It's the truck DH proposed to me in. He's such a romantic!
Then we had a '72 Courier, '69 Camper Special, a '79 stepside, an '87 F350 dually crewcab, and a '97 Ranger that Kid#1 was driving when a buck totaled it.
Yeah we had a lot of Ford trucks. Now I drive a Toyota. :D

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
my first ford was not a truck but was a hand me down from the parents, 72 ford ltd county squire station wagon aka <the berm buster> that thing was a tank on wheels.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
neither rain or shine or a 4' snow berm would stop me from my appointed rounds and a good set of studded snow tires helped.. heck of a off roader at that..only if the parents know what i put that wagon though.

Latest posts