Truck up date

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
here in north carolina when they purchase new buses they have hd cameras inside and out. what burns me is that they are talking about installing wifi in them..
A camera outside to catch violators would be great. I already have TWO cameras inside always watching the passengers and ME. Believe me, when I report a problem there are many a parent that wants to see the tape not to see if I am telling the truth but to catch me doing something they deem wrong. Oh if only they would do my job for a week. :(

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the land of lawyers suing to make money. Bus drivers have to be able to prove they were innocent. Drivers in problem with no parent children riding bus. (They may have biologicals but they aren't parents)
AMEN

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, here in the PNW we have recently been invaded by and unmercifully advertised to by every Tom, Dick, and Harry who sells tires to buy these cheep imported " Hankook " tires. What is your take on these tires ? :caf
Major, here in the PNW we have recently been invaded by and unmercifully advertised to by every Tom, Dick, and Harry who sells tires to buy these cheep imported " Hankook " tires. What is your take on these tires ? :caf

@bobm sorry to say my knowledge of passenger tires is limited, have only put michelin, bridgestone on our cars and truck and never had an problem with them and exceeded their mileage claims...
it really boils down to the person's budget.
do you want mileage,quietness, performance,warranty?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hankook=crap. "nuff said.
buy Michelins, they ride fantastic, wear extremely well. You definitely get your money's worth.

@Carol Dee I deeply respect bus drivers. i would never do it, I can't stand bratty kids and I would want to slap the parents teeth out. Our DD teaches at a college, her husband is a 6th grade teacher. A co-worker told him about a conversation with a parent-I work teaching your children 9 months a year because if I had to teach our children 12 months a year, I would kill them.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee I deeply respect bus drivers. i would never do it, I can't stand bratty kids and I would want to slap the parents teeth out. Our DD teaches at a college, her husband is a 6th grade teacher. A co-worker told him about a conversation with a parent-I work teaching your children 9 months a year because if I had to teach our children 12 months a year, I would kill them.

And that right there is a great example of the problem. Parents that abdicate their responsibility and pawn their kids off on somebody else.

Children need training every bit as much as a puppy if you expect them to grow up into decent adults.

I don't know how many times as a home educator I heard other moms saying that very same thing. "Oh I don't know how you do it! If I had to be home with my children every day I'd kill them!" Well, duh, you didn't just wake up one day and find a kid in your home. You made him, now be a grown up and be responsible for him.

...getting down from my soapbox now...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our son in law called a couple of weeks ago, worried about their baby. The daycare had called, saying that she had thrown up and for them to come get her. Both are teachers and cannot just run out of class, he was beside himself, asked if we would go get her. of course we dropped everything and went straight to get her. The ladies in the baby room told me how they admired our daughter and what great parents she and our DSIL are, they just went on and on. They said how they feel so sorry for most of those babies in their care as the parents don't properly care for them. They are in the position to know.....

I agree @thistlebloom why have children if you are not going to raise them?

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Beat your kids on your own time!!!
I wanna hear about about trucks on a truck thread.
Now look what you've done, there's a Good Year tire ad at the bottom of my page.
Next thing you know they'll be flashing ads for ping pong paddles to beat kids with.
Don't get me wrong, I love kids, sloooow roasted, with lots of sauce, IS BEST!!

THANX RICH

Latest posts