Truck up date

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Retreads except on farm equipment (don't know if any are out there) and inside tires on semi trailers, are outlawed in Indiana.

in the last couple years the federal d.o.t made it that any tire 10 years or older can not be retreaded for highway use. it can be retreaded for off highway use, yard switchers, mine trucks...etc
would say that 99% of our customers stop retreading their tires after 7 years... by that time they have been retreaded 4 times..

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you are bored go to youtube and enter " truck tires blowing up " you will have a better understanding.
even virgin tires will blow....
you have to remember the average car tire has 40 psi in it.the average big truck tire has 90-115 psi ......

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
here in north carolina when they purchase new buses they have hd cameras inside and out. what burns me is that they are talking about installing wifi in them..

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome to the land of lawyers suing to make money. Bus drivers have to be able to prove they were innocent. Drivers in problem with no parent children riding bus. (They may have biologicals but they aren't parents)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
In upstate NY little monsters where teasing the aid on their school bus. If got so bad the aid a older women started crying. One student taped it, and it made the news. The monsters parents where embarrassed by their brats. A fund was set up for the woman I think something like $180,000 was raised she quit her job.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, here in the PNW we have recently been invaded by and unmercifully advertised to by every Tom, Dick, and Harry who sells tires to buy these cheep imported " Hankook " tires. What is your take on these tires ? :caf

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
what happened to the days when we rode the school bus and everyone got a long...
I say that to the kids EVERYDAY We are all friends, so why do you act like you hate each other? Teasing, pushing, taking things, hiding things, tattling, etc... I think I need a referee whistle and shirt. I really would LOVE to have another adult to watch them so all I needed to do is drive CAREFULLY.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
In upstate NY little monsters where teasing the aid on their school bus. If got so bad the aid a older women started crying. One student taped it, and it made the news. The monsters parents where embarrassed by their brats. A fund was set up for the woman I think something like $180,000 was raised she quit her job.
I remember that and thought how great it was that she could retire.