Victorian remodel -- beauty or the beast?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Progress! The house is wonderful and someday it will return to it's former glory! Your DS better keep his hands off the tiles! :lol: Like the picture of your DH :love

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will have to ask. Son's neighbor -- the one in local historical preservation -- told the original owner's great-grandson about what the kids are doing and he stopped by with lots of old photos and stories about the family and living in the house. I just call it the Dunwitte place.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's another photo from the Victorian. That's my youngest grandson (only 13) wearing his grandfather's (mom's side) suit.
1921904_10202820923274172_8151078980200626437_n.jpg

My eye features with his mom's eyesight. Otherwise, he's the spitting image of his dad at that age.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Red i love this thread, keep sharing these pics with us!! Those fireplaces are AMAZING! ! ! That green color is really distinctive, i love love love it.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, @Nyboy, I did notice the chairs, thank you.

It is not true that children are born an empty slate. They come with personality traits built right in. He has always been on the serious side. Always wanting to know that to expect in his world. He has had his future planned out since about 4th grade... from graduating high school with straight A's to going into politics after about 20 years of the military with a free college education and working in the legal system.

Not that he isn't a blast, but he is most at ease when he knows what to expect from his day. Perhaps he is more like DH, his grandfather, in his seriousness. I didn't know Clayton as a child, but I suspect, except for me popping up, he had his future pretty much planned out. I know I threw him off course a bit, but the side trip has been one he'll dare not complain about.

Latest posts